So I bought myself a pool table...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I bought myself a pool table...

Yeah, I recently purchased a Riley 6x3 ft table from JJB Sports. It was delivered today, although it'll be a few days before we can set it up (decorating the spare room).

I just wanted something fairly cheap to mess around on at home. It was £200 and looks fairly well-made, plus you get quite a few accessories with it as you can see in the pic - cues, balls, cue-rack, etc...

Cool.

Let us know how you get on with it Bob
    Mon the Rocket

Comment

I'll be geiing myself a table in the new year!
      I've finally got my front room decorated!

Comment

So I bought myself a pool table...
        ...That don't impress me much.

(Sorry, your title reminded me of the Shania Twain song)

Comment

Hopefully we'll get around to setting her up tomorrow.

I can't wait! But I'm not gonna break off until Xmas morning...

...Yeah, right!

Comment

Congratulations on your purchase, Bob!

Those little tables are sooo much fun!

Comment

Okay, so I've got it up.

Unfortunately I over-estimated the size of our space room, and it's a bit awkward when the cue-ball is on the cushion as you have to tilt the cue, what with the wall being in the way.

The cloth is quite thick and the table runs fairly slowly, but other than that it's great fun.

Comment

Originally Posted by big bob
                Okay, so I've got it up.

Unfortunately I over-estimated the size of our space room, and it's a bit awkward when the cue-ball is on the cushion as you have to tilt the cue, what with the wall being in the way.

The cloth is quite thick and the table runs fairly slowly, but other than that it's great fun.
                I remember visiting a small pub that was too small to accommodate a regular pool table, yet it had one.

You just need to invest in a pool-table-sized turntable. Put it in the corner of the room, as with the pub, and it can simply be swivelled round until you can play your shot!

Comment

Haha! How many pubs have a small cue, about two foot long, which has to be used when playing from a certain side?

Statto, dont you know any of the players in the Biggest Quiz?

Comment

Working...
                  X