No announcement yet.

Fortunately...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well that depends on his two son's i know he watches his son's play football , but the best thing to do is phone him and arrange a day , i am sure somthing could be arranged for a saturday visit he has done it in the past .
    there are three aristocrats in the wharehouse but the other twoare chinese and have been in the wars so my advice is not to go for one of those , the clients table is the best buy in there at the moment .

Geoff
    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Ok, i'll give him a call either today or tomorrow most likely.

In the meantime if you get the chance to, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could inform him of my interest. Like yourself, I'm only interested in a UK built table.

Comment

Pottr

Sorry for an apparent delay in replying. i always reply promptly and I have tried several times since yesterday to reply. Messages being sent are not showing in sent folder on forum, aftyer clicking on reply to private message. Can you email your address to rileyaristocrat@hotmail.co.uk and I shall forward pics of the table to you. The table is being used this weekend for an exhibition with Hendry and Murphy so I should be able to provide great pics on Saturday.

Comment

Hi I have informed him of youre interest in the table , I was in the wharehouse today working on a Birmingham billiards table , and got the riley end panel and legs out to take a photo for you showing the cushion too plus the badges on the end saying Aristocrat and the side panel transfer badges with MADE IN ENGLAND on them , the score board also has one of these on too , i have a copy of the original reciept for the table too which the owner had put in the box to help sell it . it has all cues and tackle and the matching polished shade and polished scoreboard and triangle .

Many riley Aristocrats where made in china and the Market is flooded with them we have two of these also in stock and you can see thew quality differance , sometimes it is very hard to get a commitmernt by the seller that it is a Genuine English made table , this table Fortunatly has it's original reciept copy and the Badged Made in england transfers on the side slide in panels , it also has the polished Aristocrat badges to the end slide in panels , the shade is sprayed useing the same polish as the table to make sure it is 100% colour matched same as the score board and triangle , this table haveing a copy of it's original reciept is youre peace of mind that you are getting a genuine riley Aristocrat made in england .

the table is in extremely good condition having only been used in a Private house and has never been used in a club or Exhibition . the owner looked after it very well .

Ted is expecting a Call from you and will be available on a Saturday or even a sunday if you like to veiw .

Comment

another table we have that I thought I would show you a photo of is this Birmingham billiard large turned and fluted legged steel block table , it looks ok , BUt the quality is not as good as the Riley , the original slates to this table where dire and where like it from new , I have just replaced them with a set of Welsh burroughs and watts which are very good , now this table was also supplied with no inner muntin's at all , I will fit a set of ajustable muntin's on this table to bring it back upto spec .
            I have to redrill out the steels to fit the 5 bolt holed B&watts slate , it will make a good table , but I would not recomend it as I have a strong feeling due to the wood used and the jointing and bolts that this table was imported from china , maybe refinnisherd in the Uk ?
            the slates are definatley lower class slate maybe from Brazil , or china

this table will also be priced up in the £3000 price range , but although it looks great I feel that I could not recoemnd it to you , the wood has started checking and once installed into a dry central heated room it will check even more due to the poor quality of wood used . We will use it for rental use .

Comment

I didn't realise that turned legs were made from blocks, so tend to split. Thanks for that.
              王可

Comment

I should be in a position to pop up Saturday Geoff, just checking that nothing comes up through work. Can't do Sunday as I'm taking a coach load of pals up to Old Trafford.

In summation - Around £3'000 for the Riley - £500.00 deposit required?

Comment

Spoke to Ted this morning Geoff. What an absolute gent.

Always nice to speak to someone who wants to make sure you get the right product for your needs over their need to fleece you for cash. Refreshing.

I've come to an arrangement that suits us both and if you get the call to install the table I won't be shy with the kettle and batches

P.S Thanks to Bill (Maryfield) for all your interest and advice through my plight. I'm sure they'll be no shortage of buyers for the tables we spoke about.

Cheers to all who replied on the thread also.

Comment

hi pottr yes Ted did say you had been in touch today , I normaly do not get involved with sales prefering to stay within the fitting side of the company , but when this table came in , I thought it would not be here long before someone snapped it up .
                    I am sure you will be 100% pleased with the Table

Geoff

Comment

Hi Geoff, tried to send you a PM, you need a clear out fella!
                      One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

shows how many people private message me ....lol

just deleted all of them so should be ok now .

Comment

Hi Jack,
                          To answer your initial questions, I would recommend getting the table fitted by the people you buy from. For what it's worth, i'm happy with my BCE Westbury, nice table and affordable.

The renaissance is nice enough to play on, but will look bad after a while because of the finish coming off. It's finished to look like mahogony, but is light coloured wood underneath.

Edit* Sorry, i replied after reading only the first page of threads, not realizing there were another two pages. Seems like you're well on your way to getting a table now
                          Last edited by bricktip; 14 March 2012, 02:50 PM.

Comment

No worries pal, nice to see someone taking the time to help me out.

The chaps at Elston and hopkin have sorted me out a dream.

Comment

Yeah, sounds like you'll be getting a really nice table.

Comment

Hi Jack
                                When planning your snooker room, you need roughly 5' clear "cueing" space all around the table, so this needs taking into consideration when planning your room.
                                Also, if having a full size table, these do usually weigh between 1 3/4 and 2 ton depending on the age and quality, so you do need a strong floor.
                                The light fitting needs to be hung centrally above the table at 30" above the bed if using traditional lighting.
                                If you don't have a table yet, we have a couple of ex club tables at your price including ground floor installation, new cloth and accessories, or if you get a table from somewhere who doesn't fit, we could give you a quote for that too. You can call me on 01384 638 191 or pop into our showroom at B & W Billiards, 3 Sapcote Trading Centre, Powke Lane, Cradley Heath, West Midlands, B64 5QR - 10 minutes from J2 M5. Regards. Yvonne

Comment

Working...
                                X