Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• philip in china
    replied
    At £500 that is a steal- but I suppose things are worth only what anybody is willing to pay.

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
    Look at this one http://gclbilliards.com/blog/category/for-sale/

look down the blog for December 20th entry a K&Hillman Buckingham with scroll work and the famous world championship badge
    this one had a re rubber only 12 months ago and is priced at just £500 from a club in newark , buyer collects .

a square leg is not going to fetch much more than £250 maybe less if the rubber is still dated 1980s as that will set you back between £285 and £325 just for a re rubber . they are a good table with floated slates , only improvement would be to fit adjustable muntins ( centre slate supports )

K&Hillman tables allways had buttons on the cushions hiding the bolt holes not the slide in panel like a riley aristocrat , early ones had rubber retainers on the buttons like a rubber band on them , later ones which are better had spring clips .

some older tables can suffer from leg split where the glue is drying out , K&H had a problem with this on the buckingham in the early years , thats the only thing to look out for , and warped slates if they dip in the middle which a good centre muntin could sort out .

I wish all tables where made as good as these K&Hillmans as they are an easy table to recover , just been doing a recover on a Spen billiards table and they are awfull with no under slate muntins at all and very poor wood used , unlike the K&H which used good timber .
    as far as build quality goes I would give any K&H table a 7/10 , if it was not for the early wood legs splitting and no adjustable muntins and those alloy pocket plates it would have got 10/10

Geoff Large
    www.gclbilliards.com

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Large
    replied
    Look at this one http://gclbilliards.com/blog/category/for-sale/

look down the blog for December 20th entry a K&Hillman Buckingham with scroll work and the famous world championship badge
    this one had a re rubber only 12 months ago and is priced at just £500 from a club in newark , buyer collects .

a square leg is not going to fetch much more than £250 maybe less if the rubber is still dated 1980s as that will set you back between £285 and £325 just for a re rubber . they are a good table with floated slates , only improvement would be to fit adjustable muntins ( centre slate supports )

K&Hillman tables allways had buttons on the cushions hiding the bolt holes not the slide in panel like a riley aristocrat , early ones had rubber retainers on the buttons like a rubber band on them , later ones which are better had spring clips .

some older tables can suffer from leg split where the glue is drying out , K&H had a problem with this on the buckingham in the early years , thats the only thing to look out for , and warped slates if they dip in the middle which a good centre muntin could sort out .

I wish all tables where made as good as these K&Hillmans as they are an easy table to recover , just been doing a recover on a Spen billiards table and they are awfull with no under slate muntins at all and very poor wood used , unlike the K&H which used good timber .
    as far as build quality goes I would give any K&H table a 7/10 , if it was not for the early wood legs splitting and no adjustable muntins and those alloy pocket plates it would have got 10/10

Geoff Large
    www.gclbilliards.com
    Last edited by Geoff Large; 3 January 2013, 11:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• philip in china
    replied
    I think the saying is "I have some good news, and some bad news".

Bad news first. There is very little market at present for full size tables. With the closure, recently, of multiple branches of a chain of snooker halls it isn't going to get better any time soon. So as far as value is concerned really it is worth whatever anybody is willing to pay and that, probably, isn't going to be very much.

Good news is that K & H are one of the best makes of classic English tables. From what I can see it looks to be in OK condition. Of course you need to see what the rubber is like and if it needs a new cloth. Either or both of these are simple jobs you can get done. Some people prefer the bulbous turned legs. I actually have come round to prefer those square contemporary style legs. There are advantages not least of which being they are easier to keep clean!

If you are trying to sell it you need to know that the table is complete. Bolts and other such things can get lost in storage. You also need to know what there is: is there a scoreboard, cue rack, cues, balls etc. etc. It will all make a difference when you come to sell it.

You will get better informed opinions than mine but I am confident that what I have said is basically correct.

Leave a comment:

• karlos fandango
    replied
    Ebay 261141972522 Item number: Looks slightly older than yours but same badge.
    Just seen another one for sale same leg design as yours £400 buy it now
    Last edited by karlos fandango; 30 December 2012, 01:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• julian-allder
    replied
    I was at a party with Bill Hillman last night. Can get contact details if it helps.

Leave a comment:

• sir_serps
    started a topic Karnehn & Hillman Full Size Table

Karnehn & Hillman Full Size Table

Hi all, I'm not an expert on these things so wondered if anyone here can help?

Basically I have acquired this table that's been in storage for sometime it's made by Karnehm & Hillman (Who I beleive are no longer in business) I hear they were a reputable make?

Just wondered what the ballpark figure for a table like this would be?

Please see pictures below, not great but you get the idea:

The slates are massive so we're looking for a local pick-up, can help with loading (based in Slough, Berkshire area) if anyone here is interested.

Thanks in Adavance.
Working...
X