Snooker Diners....Any Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker Diners....Any Thoughts

I have a dining room which is 12ft x 17ft and I finally want to get my own snooker dining table. I am looking at a 7ft x 3.5ft table as I want to be able to play shots properly in most situations (my mate has an 8 x 4 in a similar sized room and for me the game is spoiled by constantly needing to use the shorter cue that came with table, rather than your own.) Anyway I wondered if anybody had such a table and what the best alternatives and manufacturers were ? I have been looking at Birmingham Billiards and fc_snooker as they seem the best. I also am not sure about the rise & fall mechanism which all of these tables have...can you not just have the whole thing fixed as surely the height for dining and playing snooker is about the same ? And should you go for full size balls on a 7ft table ? Any advice appreciated.

We played on an 8x4 table in the pub once and it had 10 reds and the balls looked to be a tad smaller than full size, they may have been 3/4 size but they played very similar to regular balls. Best thing about the smaller tables is it feels good being able to clear up often.

Comment

The rise and fall is a must as a standard chair is too low for the playing hieght , Brian at cheshire billiards is one of the best Billiard/snooker dining table makers in the country and will reproduce most designs even the old riley type .
      there are a lot of lower quality chinese snooker diners that are imports about , Brians tables are made to order here in the UK .

unless you want to dine off Bar stools the rise and fall mechanism is a must .

I have a genuine 6 x 3 Riley serpantine leg in mahogany diner it will require full renovation , but if you have room for a 7 x 3.6 then they are a bit thinner on the ground to find , Oak tables are even harder to find .

Geoff Large
      Billiards fitter .
      [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Working...
      X