Geoff is now fully self employed fitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geoff is now fully self employed fitter

After many years being an employee in the billiards Snooker and Pool trade as a Billiards fitter ( now cuesports industry ) I have decided to go fully self employed as a Freelance Billiards CUESPORTS fitter , if anyone requires work on a Snooker or Pool table then please get in touch I am baseing myself around the midlands and East midland area but will travel if I can combine jobs and overnight stays at a cost effective price .
    My normal traveling area will include Northampton to just short of Leeds , and East coast to Stoke , any one outside that area will also be catered for but I would have to work out a travel rate and any overnight stay if I can combine two or more jobs in that area at the same time .
    I also have the help of a Removals company based here in nottingham who will not only transport a table but also the entire household , most removal companies will not touch a full size snooker table , so if anyone is moving house I can get you a good quote on house removals too . they also offer fully insured and most importantly DRY storage for any table that requires not only dismantleing but storing too .
    As a Freelance fitter I will be offering my services not only to the Private and club secter but also the Trade , wether it's 100 pool tables dotted around the Uk for a lleisure coin slot company or just one table I can complete most jobs either on my own or working with other fitters .

I will also be putting Pool tables out on a contract / Rental basis for private landlords and clubs etc , with a FULL maintenance program included that is second to none .

Every cuesports table catered for from Snooker / uk Pool / american pool / Bagatelle / Bar billiards / Billiard dineing tables .

many thanks
    Geoff Large
    Billiards fitter

Last edited by Geoff Large; 11 July 2012, 09:14 PM.
    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

I wish all the very best for your Geoff, the majority of posters on here are indebted to you for your years of patient and thoughtful advice.

Comment

Ditto. If I need anything down your way, I wont hesitate to contact you.

Comment

Good luck Geoff , really hope it works out for you .............and when my numbers come up tonight i will be in touch
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Good luck, Geoff. Must be such a hit and miss business to be in..
          JP Majestic
          3/4
          57"
          17oz
          9.5mm Elk

Comment

I would like to add my best wishes to all the others. Also thank you, Geoff, for sourcing the table for me. It is going to be some time before it is actually installed but it certainly looks to be a beauty from what I can see of it without removing the packing.
            王可

Comment

Phil , If youre room in bulgaria is ready for early November there is a tournament leg for amatuers to qualify for the main pro tour this November 16th to 18th at Sofia in Bulgaria it just may be those fitters are avaiable for a couple of days around that time , if not keep in touch Phil I am sure we can work something out that is cost effective for both of us .
              work is coming in , I am a bit wary of all the paper work and TAX plus insurance and public liability insurance etc to work out but my wife works for a Bank and she is incharge of the Accounts .
              to tell you the truth I am realy enjoying having no boss and the meeting of clients etc .
              My last day as an employee officialy is this Sunday the 15th july after that its full steam ahead , I have been very surprised at the Support I have had from clients forums and people within the trade , and the supporting industry .

Oh and Phil keep those mice and moths away from the cushion and bed cloths plus the nets and leathers .

Geoff

Comment

I might try and find a tin trunk whilst I am here and keep it all in there. Vermin would be a disaster! I am just trying to decide which barn to convert. There are arguments for and against each. Decisions, decisions!
                王可

Comment

Good Luck Geoff hope you do well mate.

Comment

I looked at it in a bit more detail Geoff. 2 Table brushes, for which thank you. Also a matching triangle and scoreboard! I have never seen so much long tackle. Is that 2 sets? I am not sure. Also I assume that those couple of bits of aluminium angle are there to use as straight edges.
                    王可

Comment

All the best Geoff.

Comment

well you asked for a straight edge Phil so yes I put two in place both together as they are bit thin , when you have finished with them use for the modern strip lighting to bolt two together unless you are fastening to ceiling direct , that was why I put them in .

many thanks to all the good wishes , I am sure with my prices and no middle men to pay I will be ok , I've only just scratched the surface loacaly around the clubs and I have a good reaction from them ,and end of july and august is filling up , which at this time of the year is good because most work comes in the winter months from Septamber to March .
                        the thing about working for youreself is you have the proper time to complete a Table , unlike working for a firm where speed of the job sometimes comes first , I never wanted to become a speed Fitter , speed fitters will just recover as fast as possible getting as many tables done in a short amount of time as possible , I like to make sure all the rubber is reglued back on the block if loose , also if a block is coming away fix it , replace Broken Cloth retaining slips , mend loose pocket plates if possible on site , CHECK LEVEL and slate joints , I was once told after challenging the speed of a job , the reply was it's not speed we are after its VOLUME we have to get more VOLUME though the firm , they can hide the speed word as much as they like it's all the same , the going rate per fitter per day is 1 recover plus 1 set of cushions or 1 stretch , so 1.5 tables per day , that was Riley's expectations in the 1980s , nothing has changed to alter that , yes if overtime has been worked then two a day is possible , I used to work right through my lunch break to get the job completed , this never realy did me any good .

My web site should be up and running soon maybe next week it is being worked on as we speak ,at a later date I will also be attaching a shop to it for cue's and other bits and bobs that are required by the player . only basic items will be in stock , BUT all cues and other items will be sent direct from the TRADE supplier , this is in fact Much Faster than having to order it in then repost out , most firms advertise huge stocks when they have very little in stock , and use this method of direct from TRADE supplier , I am just being honest and up front in how any item will be dispatched . the result is you will get the item faster , in the respect of cue's any returns is also straight back to the Trade supplier / maker , increasing the speed of a replacement , this allows me to get on with my Job at Cue sports fitting , wrapping items up and going back and forth to the post office or waiting in for Couriers is just not possible when you are working out on jobs . although my Daughter has volunteered herself for this job as she works part time .

Geoff

Comment

I would always rather pay a few quid more and know the job is done right, after all how much is the difference between a good job and a rushed job if you write it off over the life of a cloth? Not a lot! Of course if Geoff actually comes in cheaper than a speed fitter it all becomes a no brainer!
                          王可

Comment

The phone is starting to ring , I am also getting enquiries by email , I am hoping my web site will be up and running very soon I have been speaking to Master cue maker Tony Glover this week , he is recomending me for work to his customers and I will be linking up with Tonys Web site as soon as I get mine up and running . Tony is also revamping a new web site soon so watch out for this .

I have had a good week so far 5 full size recovers one set of nets and leathers , plus leveling work and two stretch bed cloths Booked in for Friday , I am also out their repping and introducing myself to new and past people who I have worked on their tables in the past .

Please pass on my info to anyone who wants Work doing now or in the future .
                            I am realy determined to make a success of this , and put just as much effort if not more than what I did for previous employment .
                            Life is looking good at the moment and we are not realy into the winter season when the work realy starts coming in . long may it last .

Geoff

Comment

Good luck Geoff, i think you always work harder when you know it's yourself reaping the rewards, just don't forget to keep all your diesel receipts

Comment

Working...
                              X