Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]11779[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11780[/ATTACH]

This is what I usually play on. What do you think guys? Too easy? I find it ok except perhaps that middle bag is a little too hard for me, but oh well...

As far as making some kind of personal record breaks for me it doesn't matter what pockets look like. It is all about how I feel at that particular moment. If I'm relaxed and feeling well, playing decent position, then a 50 is very likely. However, if I'm nervous, lacking in confidence, making constant errors in positioning, than highest break is about 6 and even the biggest pocket US pool table couldn't help much with potting.
    I think it's hard to say looking at the pictures, can you put up a picture with just one red in the corner. I'll take a few pictures of the table I play on and might even measure them. I'm sure ppl will laugh and say there bucket's, hey what the hell.

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
      I agree if a table is so tight that it restricts your game and there are certain shots that are off limit's this is no good either as it will inhibit your development. Also you can drop your head and get frustrated. It's about striking a balance, finding a table that dos not allow you to take the **** but also allow's you to be creative and play without fear of the table itself. A table that rewards good play and doesn't kick you in the nuts when you've played a decent shot. A table like this will insure that every shot is given the same care this can only improve your game long term.
      Very difficult to strike that balance Caz.
      Such a table would be a joy to play on when just reclothed but once the nap is worn away from the knuckles of the pockets it will turn on you and bite your arse. How many clubs can afford to have their tables reclothed every twelve months let alone six. In our club it's only when they have the money which could be over two years sometimes, that means eighteen months of arse biting snooker and it gets you down.

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]11779[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11780[/ATTACH]

This is what I usually play on. What do you think guys? Too easy? I find it ok except perhaps that middle bag is a little too hard for me, but oh well...

As far as making some kind of personal record breaks for me it doesn't matter what pockets look like. It is all about how I feel at that particular moment. If I'm relaxed and feeling well, playing decent position, then a 50 is very likely. However, if I'm nervous, lacking in confidence, making constant errors in positioning, than highest break is about 6 and even the biggest pocket US pool table couldn't help much with potting.
        Something wrong about the steel cushions here , they are longer than the side cushion capping , look at the middle pocket opening , the steel is overhanging the capping by a large amount , YET the capping is also a bit short on the side cushion leading into the corner pocket . you may have overhanging wood tack end blocks which should have been set to the exact lenth of the wood surround of the cushions , not over hanging , once this has been done , then the re-rubber should be cutt to the template .
        one of the worst overhangs I have seen .
        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
          Something wrong about the steel cushions here , they are longer than the side cushion capping , look at the middle pocket opening , the steel is overhanging the capping by a large amount , YET the capping is also a bit short on the side cushion leading into the corner pocket . you may have overhanging wood tack end blocks which should have been set to the exact lenth of the wood surround of the cushions , not over hanging , once this has been done , then the re-rubber should be cutt to the template .
          one of the worst overhangs I have seen .
          Hi Geoff,

thanks for your observations. You do know your stuff. It is a steel block Riley Aristocrat table with a month old No. 10 cloth on. In a private club where I play there are two of those match tables and also one club table (non steel block) which has slightly bigger pockets. Great to play on despite maybe not being setup perfect. I'm sure who ever fitted the table tried to set it up perfectly, but I don't know the exact technical details as to why it couldn't be done. And frankly I don't even want to ask. Club owner can get very sensitive about this...

Comment

Working...
          X