Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker table packing for international transport

Hello,

Maybe you can help me...I´m looking for a company that can pack and prepare two snooker tables for an international transport. The tables are allready dismantled ...Location is near London.

Many, many thanks in advance...

Nina

but going to where? that is a tad important I think

also if they are already dismantled, do you have a guarantee that all the pieces are there? Have heard horror stories of going half-way round the world and many pieces missing
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

many thanks for your answer,Dean,
      The tables go to a warehouse and will be picked up there by an international transport company and deliverd to Slovenia (EU country)..

No I have no guarantee :-(..but I have to trust to my seller.. I hope everything will be fine...

Best reg.
      Nina

Comment

you should have acheck list like this

5 slates ( some have less if very old tables with thin slates 3 or 4 )
        6 cushions and slides / screw on panels or buttons for them to hide cushion bolts
        6 pocket plates with nets leathers and rails on
        32 or 36 cushion bolts depending on type of table
        pocket plate bolts or screws
        12 to 24 frame bolts depending if they or some are double bolted per leg face ( count the holes in the legs )
        12 knee panles to cover frame bolts ( or Buttons 12 to 24 )
        wood slate linings for tacking cloth on x 6 plus linings around pocket falls x 6
        slate lineing screws
        1 bed cloth + tacks
        2 polished end frame sections
        2 long polished side frame sections
        2 internal cross members
        3 / 6 /9 munins depending type of table
        6 adjustable centre barckets for muntins if they have them
        8 legs
        rest hooks
        shade or lighting plus any chain fixings
        Scoreboard.
        Cover if there , and all long cues and rests x rests , spider , swan neck and cues plus cue rack etc .
        1 set of balls .and triangle , oh and chalk ...lol

( there are exceptions to some parts as oddities such as a thurston jubilee table is made differant or the dreaded riley starline also some very old tables had upto 15 muntins on them )

send that to youre packing company , if I had dismantled it I would have wrapped it all on site numbered avery parcel and coded it and put how many parcels their was in the batch plus the 5 slates and shade.
        It is impossible to get the entire table onto a pallet , the long sides and shade will not fit on the pallet , but when we packed them we just had a pallet with everything on apart from the long sides and shade , and put that black cling film around every thing on the pallet , to be on the safe side you should employ a billiards firm or fitter to check the items and wrap them with the packing company , as experience of packing companies missing vital parts off the pallet is often the case , I once turned up in Jersey to set a table up and all the frame bolts where still at the packing companies premises in Derby in the UK , a complete waste of time for the client and me . it is very costly to go hunting parts down that have not arrived with the table and even maybe lost time on the fitters part .

it is a pity you where not ready a few weeks ago as Phil from china on here has just had a table picked up in Worksop near Nottingham in the UK and shipped to Bulgaria , by lorry and the lorry was large enough to carry two more tables and they could have dropped them off on the way through . you could have shared the costing of the transport .
        Last edited by Geoff Large; 7 October 2012, 10:08 AM.
        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Many,many,thanks Geoff!
          Yes , its a pitty ,but I have no problem with a lorry for an international transport..I got a fair price from a Germany company for shipping tables from GB to Slovenia. My problem is that i cant find a company that is ready to prepare ( ( to pack) tha tables in that way that this company can pick them up...This international Company offers only a transport option and will have nothing to do with
          packing..They wrote to me: "Unless they are packed up in cases/ boxes/ pallets we are not able to collect"..

Tha main problem is that I live in Slovenia and its very expensive to make phone calls to GB -companies without any results.The most of them didnt event answer to my email enquires..

Thans again
          Nina

Comment

Try Martin at this contact address he lives down south often working in the London Area and maybe able to offer help in packing ready for the transporting of the tables .and making sure the parts are all there .

http://www.misterwhat.co.uk/company/...ts-bournemouth
            [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Geoff, I thank you soo much..Ill try. ..I can only hope and trust to the seller that all parts are there :-(..

Nina

Comment

nina:

If you have a good broadband connection to the internet then get a 'Skype' account which is free and you can call most places in the world for free and that includes video calls with friends and family who have Skype. We use it all the time for video calls to our grandchildren in London, UK

Terry
                Terry Davidson
                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Thanks Terry,
                  I ll do it..I have a skype account and use it since years ..I thought I would maybe get a recommendation for a good and not too expensive delivery company here..
                  Anyway,I thank you a lot..

Nina

Comment

Where are the tables? I used Dolphin Transport from Sheffield. My table went in a dedicated truck but they would have crated it up for despatch in a shared truck had I wanted. I forget how much they quoted but it wasn't a fortune.
                    王可

Comment

Thanks for your answer Philip,

In Sevenoaks.Kent..please remember what they qouted..:-)

Nina

Comment

Sevenoaks is a very expensive area of UK. So a quote based on Sheffield prices wouldn't be relevant. The crating up is extremely simple work. Any second year joinery student could deal with it for you.

Originally Posted by Nina View Post
                        Thanks for your answer Philip,

In Sevenoaks.Kent..please remember what they qouted..:-)

Nina
                        王可

Comment

Yes Philip, I know...I really didn t expect his type of problem!! I found a large truck for international transport for very, very , acceptable price ..and now, my tables wait since 3 weeks to be delivered because I can t find any joinery student to crat them up..would you believe it??
                          Maybe I should drive with a car from Slovenia to Sevenoaks( abot 2000 miles in both directions) and cart it by myself:-)..and the best is : I will pay a fair price!! More than a fair price..the tables are dismantled and this is a one hour job per table ... I have packed tables by myself and I know that is really a simple job..

Anyway,thanks Philip...tomorrow is another day..

Nina

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Snooker-Po...item3f12928559

Comment

Many thanks!

Nina

Comment

Working...
                              X