Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using a Crane to get slates into a basement .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a Crane to get slates into a basement .

It's been a while since I posted something of interest on the forum table section so thought you may want to see a recent job that I have been on .
    An old school mate of mine phoned me up to help dismantle his Snooker table that I put in his stable block around 20 years ago , into his basement , he is building his own extension with a Man cave in the basement for his Full size Snooker table and Guitar collection , so we got the slates in first before the first floor went in , he does nothing in short measures and a to hire crane to help build his three floor extension is £600 per day , so he Bought one ! second hand at £15000 .
    Think about it at £500 per day that's just 30 days hire .
    he will sell the crane after he has finished with it at the end of the summer.

here is the link with Photo's http://gclbilliards.com/crane-in-sno...nt-near-derby/

Geoff
    Last edited by Geoff Large; 28 April 2013, 01:04 PM.
    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

I'm not one bit jealous!!
    Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Very nice, makes sense to buy one though as £600 is practically extortion haha. Would be nice to see the finished snooker room once it's done? :snooker:
      "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

probably make a profit on the crane when finished with

what happens in 10 years time when the table has to be removed from the basement? demolish the floors above
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I like that approach lol, just buy a crane !!!
          Seen Jon race many times

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

what happens in 10 years time when the table has to be removed from the basement? demolish the floors above
            Thats not going to be his problem , and prob not mine , we will both be in our 70s by then .

his son will prob have the house off him anyway , he also has a Daughter who buys and sells Horses , and has Fields over 20 acres , plus the stable block , and a rubber surface square for practice jumps , he also runs a pump out blockage service , starting with just one lorry pump , and now employs quite a few men and has a lot of lorries and equipment .
            But he has had his ups and downs in business , illness and then a building firm that went bust but paid everyone off in full , but has bounced back .
            Good luck to him though , he is still down to earth and the same bloke as I knew at school .
            [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

It would be easier and cheaper to take a sledge hammer to the snooker table.....

Comment

Or then again, start a crane hire business...
                王可

Comment

Now that is a proper boys toy!
                  No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Working...
                  X