Pocket Drawings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pocket Drawings

when I print them I check the printer settings are actual size and not scale to fit and I get true size prints
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Pocket Drawings

Thanks guys!

Trapper

Comment

Hope you are well and hitting the balls around soon. All my best Terry, your Navy Mate Rolly sends
        I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
          Hope you are well and hitting the balls around soon. All my best Terry, your Navy Mate Rolly sends
          Trying my best to get back to playing and coaching but it's going to take some time
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Terry,

One would assume a pro.with your experience would know the template size of a pocket is 3 1/4" at the fall of the slate. The Star tables the pro's are playing on IMO are 3 1/2" and the cushions are grossly undercut. Fully aware the audience likes to see 100's being made however, I doubt there would be any if the pockets were as stated above.

Comment

Originally Posted by blinky88 View Post
              Terry,

One would assume a pro.with your experience would know the template size of a pocket is 3 1/4" at the fall of the slate. The Star tables the pro's are playing on IMO are 3 1/2" and the cushions are grossly undercut. Fully aware the audience likes to see 100's being made however, I doubt there would be any if the pockets were as stated above.
              Lol..this is utter nonsense,I've played on the stars and ex pro aristocrats,they are silly tight...just pros are brilliant.
              Don't forget when you watch on your wide screen TV at home the pocket looks massive so any of centre off pocket hit is exaggerated.as I said on a previous post ,new cloth however does help lots with sliding in.
              Last edited by lennon11; 22 February 2016, 04:41 PM.
              H.b.142

Comment

I would suggest you have never played on a Star table with pockets that are template, believe me the pro's are not playing on such a table. I'm 77 and been playing since I was 15, believe me there would be no hundreds if the tables were strictly template. You sound like you are a fair player according to the breaks you claim to have made and if so, the tables you were playing on were not template as you suggest IMO, makes it very hard to believe have you never thought of turning pro as you would more than likely be in the first half dozen. I can guarantee no pro would make a century break on my table which is genuinely template. I would post a picture however I do not know how to post it.

Comment

Blinky are you saying no one ever has played on a proper templated table, as pros have been knocking in tons since professional snooker began really.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by blinky88 View Post
                    I would suggest you have never played on a Star table with pockets that are template, believe me the pro's are not playing on such a table. I'm 77 and been playing since I was 15, believe me there would be no hundreds if the tables were strictly template. You sound like you are a fair player according to the breaks you claim to have made and if so, the tables you were playing on were not template as you suggest IMO, makes it very hard to believe have you never thought of turning pro as you would more than likely be in the first half dozen. I can guarantee no pro would make a century break on my table which is genuinely template. I would post a picture however I do not know how to post it.
                    Haha ok then you must be right.
                    H.b.142

Comment

If youre looking for an argument,thats not for me.however if you are after knowledge from people who have experience of these tables and set ups there are many on here who will vouch for the tightness of the pockets,however if you want to rely on only your opinion rather than fact and experience of the condtions then so be it.
                      H.b.142

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                        Trying my best to get back to playing and coaching but it's going to take some time
                        Take the time that is required, relax and do as the doctor says... Lol All the best... Rolly C. sends
                        I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Pocket Drawings

Is this another 'pro pockets are bigger' thread?

If it is, then I can shed some light on this.

They are not bigger.
                          They are tighter.
                          If you disagree...
                          You are wrong.
                          No room for debate, you are wrong.

Comment

Pocket Drawings

Where's your table Blinky?

I'll come and have hundred frames with you over the summer. If you have a decent set of balls and the table is in good repair, I'd bet you a grand I could make a ton on it.

And I'm no pro.

Comment

pottr, enjoy your holiday in Australia, don't forget the postcard
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Pocket Drawings

I'll pay to ship the table, Deano x

Comment

Working...
                                X