Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jubilee steel Block Cushion??

hi there, my first post so please help

I have 2 Jubilee full size snooker table, which comes with a standard block cushion(wooden) and I would like to replace those with steel cushion ones, is it like a easy replacement, or just a custom made ones?

You might want to PM or email Geoff Large on here as he seems to be an excellent table fitter and should be able to answer your question

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Where are you located?
      王可

Comment

there is one issue to consider, IIRC there can be a problem with steel cushions where the cloth wears down quicker around the pockets. So if longevity is a factor you may need to reconsider.
        Geoff Large's website is http://gclbilliards.com/ where you can contact him direct.
        you cannot PM on TSF until you have over 10 posts.
        look forward to hearing your outcome
        you say you have two tables, do you run a club?
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

i'm located in bahrain

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            there is one issue to consider, IIRC there can be a problem with steel cushions where the cloth wears down quicker around the pockets. So if longevity is a factor you may need to reconsider.
            Geoff Large's website is http://gclbilliards.com/ where you can contact him direct.
            you cannot PM on TSF until you have over 10 posts.
            look forward to hearing your outcome
            you say you have two tables, do you run a club?
            longtivity is not an issue, no I don't run a club, its my Gentlemen club, we have two jubilee snooker tables bought around 20-25 years ago. they are like new, but we just don't like the standard block, because it affects the bounce so much

Comment

Firstly you need to ascertain the slate size of your table and the bolt spacings. The standard measurements are 144 inches x 73.5 inches. The Jubilee table was made in two sizes the Imperial measurements and the Metric size too. I have been caught out in the past with this. if your table is the imperial size (144 x 73.5 inches) then there is nothing to prevent the fitting of steel block cushions. secondly you need to find out the number of bolt holes each cushions has. The end cushions will have six bolts whilst the side cushions will have either five or six bolts depending how old the slates are. They changed from 5 to 6 bolts on the side cushions sometime in the early 80's. Let me know what the spacings are and I can provide you with a costing for UK Made cushions to suit.

Comment

is seems that its the metric size. and they have five bolts. so instead we are getting new tables and offering the old for auction for the members. the options we have are Star Tournaments, and Shender IBSF tournament table.

thanks all for your replies

Comment

Why not import a couple of Riley Aristocrat or Bce Westbury steel block tables? A much better proposition than these Chinese tables. Better quality timber. Tried and tested. Once they have been fully refurbished to as new a wholly more attractive and sensible purchase. And without the price tag of the Star. If you are interested please feel free to email rileyaristocrat@hotmail.com for further details.

Comment

As I said on another thread agreed 100%. One of the new tables will never be the quality of the old ones and you can currently pick up a fully refurbished one for not a lot of money. If you sniff around I should think you would get a couple of matching B & W or K & H tables.

Originally Posted by maryfield View Post
                    Why not import a couple of Riley Aristocrat or Bce Westbury steel block tables? A much better proposition than these Chinese tables. Better quality timber. Tried and tested. Once they have been fully refurbished to as new a wholly more attractive and sensible purchase. And without the price tag of the Star. If you are interested please feel free to email rileyaristocrat@hotmail.com for further details.
                    王可

Comment

Originally Posted by maryfield View Post
                      I would love to get Riley Aristocrat, as long as the frame look as new and cushions are steel block. do you ship to Bahrain?

Comment

please PM the email as it seems to be wrong

Comment

Rileyaristocrat@hotmail.co.uk

Comment

Go for UK made Riley Aristocrats with steel blocks , I am sure Maryland will find you a couple and have them fully renovated like new , the last price they where going for new in the Uk where around £11000 and some where even selling them above this price , the other option new is the £7500 star table , I am sure maryland will get you renovated one's at the right price shipped over .
                            [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Tables would be in perfect condition. yes steel block and we can ship to Bahrain.

Comment

Working...
                              X