• Show
Clear All

• throtts
    replied
    Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    philip:

Yes, but isn't the one in China a 5' x 10'? It doesn't count

Terry
    Yea, Philip, take that. You tell him, Terry...haha..

Leave a comment:

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    philip:

Yes, but isn't the one in China a 5' x 10'? It doesn't count

Terry

Leave a comment:

• Tommy68
    replied
    Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
    With one table in Europe and one in China it would be a challenge.
    yepp, especially trying to break Ronnie's record of the fastest max ever played....

Leave a comment:

• philip in china
    replied
    With one table in Europe and one in China it would be a challenge.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy68
    replied
    Am I the only guy on here with 2 tables?
    Parallel snooker - might be a new one. Don't they have it in chess? Could be quite challenging when you're on a maximum at both tables simultaniously...

Leave a comment:

• throtts
    replied
    Speak to Geoff. He will sell you one.

One table enough for my home, Philip

Leave a comment:

• philip in china
    replied
    Speak to Geoff. He will sell you one.

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how long should a cloth last, I take it they have an hour rate on them kind of like a light bulb, the cloths at our club need mowed more than brushed, the cloth nap seems very thick don't know what the cloth is called.
    You lads with you own tables are very lucky I am extremely jealous.

Leave a comment:

• throtts
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    more like Club, Smart is quite good
    Haha, that's the one, Dean. Hainsworth Club, probably their entry cloth. You could put that on your stairs as long as you have a good underlay...

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by throtts View Post
    Maybe Hainsworth Smart on you tables at your club..
    more like Club, Smart is quite good

Leave a comment:

• throtts
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how long should a cloth last, I take it they have an hour rate on them kind of like a light bulb, the cloths at our club need mowed more than brushed, the cloth nap seems very thick don't know what the cloth is called.
    Maybe Hainsworth Smart on you tables at your club..

Leave a comment:

• Tommy68
    replied
    Itsnoteasy: I had two 6811 30 oz cloths on my table. With 2..3 hours practise a day the first one lasted 3 years. Then you could see a heavy wear and hardly livelyness when playing. Should have changed it much earlier. The second one I ripped off now after 1.5 years as I had a bad cloth, not very fast, hardly reactivity. I heated my table and brushed/ironed very frequently in order to keep the nap flat and get some pace out of it. Now I very curious about the Precision cloth and the durability...
    With the cloth like a horse blanket it is a known thing to me. In my club they sometimes brush against the nap. Thats where the horrible surface comes from...
    (Btw. I only have my table because I managed to convince my wife when we build our house... )

Terry: yes indeed! I totally agree. I just stopped a 3 hour session of playing frames just for fun. It was a real pleasure and as you say a kicking experience! I played balls I never thought I was able to play. For example I have always a bit of a problem screwing back when using the rest. Today I took the rest and played a decent scew back with no efford. I stood at the table and could believe my eyes! I have video taped my session and on the records you can see hooks and bananas of the cue ball just like they do on TV. Amazing!

Tom

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    Tommy:

It's a real kick isn't it! This is the experience the pros get with the heated and new #10 cloths on TV tournaments. I keep my humidity below 50% using a dehumidifier and brush and block the table perhaps once per week and the speed has remained.

I've ironed the cloth twice but that was more to get rid of the wrinkles as Hainsworth says the Precision cloth doesn't need ironing however if I was in a humid environment I would definitely iron it too, just to dry it out a bit.

After 5 weeks of daily use I can just see a couple of wear marks around the black spot but they are barely visible and you have to look close to see them, so I think I'm getting better wear with this Precision as compared to the #10 I had on the table.

Terry

Leave a comment:

• Tommy68
    replied
    So here I go! I got the cloth on my table and just played some lineups to get used to the speed. It's absolutely overwhelming! Never had this sort of accuracy and speed. The Precision cloth is so very reactive, so lively it's a real pleasure to play on!

As I got to the colours after potting a pink I lost position slightly. Cue ball was center table but straight in line with the yellow. So I had to screw back to get position on the green. Played with the action I had programmed in my mind and although I took back a big portion of cue power the cue ball came back to position the blue and not the geen. I totally overscewed!

The cloth is total fun and I never enjoyed playing like this. It surely will take some time to get used to it but this is a playing experience I didn't wanna miss!

Very nice cloth!

Tom

Leave a comment:

• Tommy68
    replied
    Got my cloth today. The delivery was no problem and my dealer did a very good job.

The first impression of the cloth is overwhelming! What a slippery surface! You can't hardly feel the nap. It is very fine and feels great. I can imagine the speed of of the cloth just by touching it. I am very, very curious how it will play. I must say that Hainsworth produced a very high quality cloth there...

Unfortunately it will take some weeks until the recloth of my table. Will be a hard time playing and knowing that there is a very speedy cloth waiting for me to play on... :snooker: :biggrin:

Tom

Leave a comment:

Working...
X