DIY next gen table heating with remote mobile phone control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for That...
    I have heard of a Chap that does the webbing heating system ... Have not really looked into it yet . but the costing are approx £ 350 a table fully fitted....Is this the way to go............

Comment

yep, seen something like this elsewhere but cannot find the webpage just yet.
      What I do remember is it is not currently available for general sale.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Here some light on the lights:
        They are "Quadrature" linear fluorescent luminaires by Siteco ... info on the successor products can be found here:

http://www.siteco.com/en/products/in...ory/10123.html

With the heating I'm moving right to the next phase and will mount them to the underside of the slate.
        In the test I did today I got a table top temperature of 30°C after 1 hour with the cover on. That's good enough for me

Comment

What is the optimum temperature of the cloth on the bed for best play?
          We have all seen the digital display on the tournament tables where they have the plates at 50degC but my question is what is the temp of the cloth itself? I vaguely recall Steve Davis saying that it the temp below the table (with air gap) required to get the cloth to 20degC or was it 25DegC, anyone know?
          cheers

Comment

I heard / read during the world championships that the 50°C is the core temperature of the heating, which results in a surface temperature of about 25°C

Comment

thanks for that, yep as I was typing I thought 20degC was too low

Comment

Great m8 thanks,
                Look forwards to seeing the next project, keep up the good work.

Originally Posted by Redphex View Post
                Here some light on the lights:
                They are "Quadrature" linear fluorescent luminaires by Siteco ... info on the successor products can be found here:

http://www.siteco.com/en/products/in...ory/10123.html

Comment

I have the same idea. but I install it beneath the slate after removing them. and install an automatic thermostat with heat sensor to maintain same temperature through out.

I Live in Bahrain.

I will post photos of the heat system installation.
                  Last edited by drjef28; 24 September 2013, 09:32 AM.

Comment

I am working on basically the heating system with the heated cable running exactly the same way 2" apart. Now I have had other people say that heating your table cause to go out of level. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
                    " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                    " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                    http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                      I am working on basically the heating system with the heated cable running exactly the same way 2" apart. Now I have had other people say that heating your table cause to go out of level. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
                      wether its heating system or climate change, the table will need to be releveled in a while. especially if its on the carpet floor.
                      get your heating wires covered from beneath the slate with insulated panels or else, so its only directed at the slate and not visible from down, that way you will keep the power consumption down and no heat will get to the frame, and it will stop any wood from drying out.

Comment

Originally Posted by drjef28 View Post
                        wether its heating system or climate change, the table will need to be releveled in a while. especially if its on the carpet floor.
                        get your heating wires covered from beneath the slate with insulated panels or else, so its only directed at the slate and not visible from down, that way you will keep the power consumption down and no heat will get to the frame, and it will stop any wood from drying out.
                        The trick is going from one slate to another and getting through the solid 2" cross supports. i will have to drill a 3/16" hole near the top to run the cable to the next slate. This is one thing I am not sure on. How will the heat effect the wood where the cable passes through the hole? Also I have to run the lead wires under the carpet about 6' to get to the wall where I will be running #14 wire to the thermostat.

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                          The trick is going from one slate to another and getting through the solid 2" cross supports. i will have to drill a 3/16" hole near the top to run the cable to the next slate. This is one thing I am not sure on. How will the heat effect the wood where the cable passes through the hole? Also I have to run the lead wires under the carpet about 6' to get to the wall where I will be running #14 wire to the thermostat.
                          there are to ways to go around this.

1-have the wires run through the cross support from slate to slate.

2-the better way is to remove the slates, lay the wires in the inside of the frame like one piece of matress and lay the slates back.

the second way even though its really hard to do. it will have the less effect on the frame since its covered and the better heating result.

good luck

Comment

I am going to do the same by drilling a 3/16" hole in the cross brace seeing how my table is already together and we are playing on it. Did you have any problem with level after you turned on the heat? Big question hows much faster was your table after you turned on the heat?

Comment

nothing was wrong with the level, not even now after few months. the table was 20-25% faster. the cloth seem to wear slowly and the cushion response is consistant

Comment

Originally Posted by drjef28 View Post
                                nothing was wrong with the level, not even now after few months. the table was 20-25% faster. the cloth seem to wear slowly and the cushion response is consistant
                                Sounds good. I hope to get at mine this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X