Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• philip in china
    replied
    My name is being abdul. I am having hacked into TSF id of esteemed contributor Philip in China, who is jolly good chap.

My friends and I of "Popular front for Snooker Jihad" are having kidnapped one Barry Hearn. If you are not sending me lots of money I am going to release him. Please to PM me for bank account details where you must be sending said dosh. Remember we can release him any minute now.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Can see that being a right pain ......bloody nightmare if you had to change your business details . Glad its all sorted .

Leave a comment:

• Byrom
    replied
    Yes sorry only joking Geoff I feel for you really - but you have sorted it and have closed it down so lesson learned - I know how much of a pain this can be - there are some sad people out there and this is a warning to everyone to be aware of scammers and people trying to take your money -

I once had my wallet and all my credit cards stolen in the shopping centre - My wife went nuts and told me to ring the police but I never bothered reporting it stolen or changing my numbers - because the guy that stole it was spending less than she did.

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Large
    replied
    Originally posted by Byrom View Post
    Yes I sent him eight grand to ensure your safe return but if you want you can just get and install me a Star table and we will call it straight.
    The Hacker told me he had added another three noughts to your cheque transfer and thanks you very much and he will buy you a star table out of his loose change !
    Seriously though it was not funny for me , having to fight to get control of an email address that I use for business as well as personal use , then thinking if he got into my PC he will also have access to Bank account etc , so had to change all security not only for my emails but for many other things that I sign into on my PC.
    I was assured he could not get into such things but with today's scammers you never know .

Leave a comment:

• Byrom
    replied
    Yes I sent him eight grand to ensure your safe return but if you want you can just get and install me a Star table and we will call it straight.

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Large
    replied
    Yes my email got hacked , they are using a Genuine BT contact page copied from BT and exact in every detail , the problem is BT yahoo is changing over to BT mail and every one must change over manually using the sign in box with your password . so the hackers are sending an official looking email out but my spam filter let it through where in the past it stops them ?

Thus me being a bit thick filled it in thinking it was from BT and hey presto they had control of my email .
    It took two days to get it back , and 2 attempts by BT to erase him from my email account as he took control for a second time .
    another problem with BT is you have an Indian call centre , although the first person I spoke to was very good and I understood him perfectly .
    But he did not do his job right as the hacker still got back in , the second person from the Indian call centre said he was getting in from the still listed email that I had not deleted in my inbox , so we took every BT inbox email I had off the system , and also deleted many contacts over 400 to be exact .
    Sorry if anyone thought I had been Held up by Abdul and his gang and robbed and I promise to pay anyone back once Abdul has returned your money if they catch him .
    Seriously though did anyone fall for it ?
    a quick read of my web page would have shown That I was still in the Uk as I put regular write ups about work I am doing , if I am on holiday or working outside the UK even up in Scotland I always leave a message on the web site saying where I am ,

Like this http://gclbilliards.com/on-holiday-n...-in-teneriffe/

Regards
    Geoff
    www.gclbilliards.com
    Last edited by Geoff Large; 19 November 2013, 03:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Originally posted by jrc750 View Post
    Makes you wonder how people are taken in by these things doesn't it !
    Greed ,pure and simple.

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally posted by damienlch View Post
    I'd hang on for a sec more if she sounds sexy... just a sec, no more...
    Well that goes without saying lol

Leave a comment:

• damienlch
    replied
    To be honest if i get a call from a foreign voice, i lose interest very quickly and just hang up
    I'd hang on for a sec more if she sounds sexy... just a sec, no more...

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    It is mind boggling... You receive an anonymous email from a foreign land with a cock and bull story, guy asks you for your money and you hand it over?... I mean, seriously, WTF???
    To be honest if i get a call from a foreign voice, i lose interest very quickly and just hang up

Leave a comment:

• damienlch
    replied
    It is mind boggling... You receive an anonymous email from a foreign land with a cock and bull story, guy asks you for your money and you hand it over?... I mean, seriously, WTF???

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    It was on our local news some years ago... there was this guy who was duped by one of these Nigerian email scams into sending his money overseas. He did it on numerous occassions (WTF!!!) until his life savings was spent and then got cut off. Somehow managed to set up a meeting with the other party, flew over alone to try and salvage the situation and was never heard of again... As I recall, it was a very sad case, the guy was in his 20s or 30s, single and his aged parent was dependent on him.

Leave a comment:

• damienlch
    replied
    It was on our local news some years ago... there was this guy who was duped by one of these Nigerian email scams into sending his money overseas. He did it on numerous occassions (WTF!!!) until his life savings was spent and then got cut off. Somehow managed to set up a meeting with the other party, flew over alone to try and salvage the situation and was never heard of again... As I recall, it was a very sad case, the guy was in his 20s or 30s, single and his aged parent was dependent on him.

Leave a comment:

• philip in china
    replied
    May it please your Royal Highness,

Funny- but is it actually a lot sillier than some of the scams on the internet? I am amazed that people are taken in by them, but people clearly are.

Originally posted by mythman69 View Post
    Hi Philip,

Your help is needed. I am a very wealthy Nigerian Prince called Prince Bobo. My son was kidnapped by Barry Hearn and is being held in a Spanish Prison. I need to bride the prison guards but lack funds as I purchased too many John Parris Ultimate cues this week. So just give me your bank details and I will send you one of the cues when they arrive in 48 months time.

Yours,

Prince Bobo.

Leave a comment:

• mythman69
    replied
    Originally posted by philip in china View Post
    I sent 5,000 quid by Western Union and shall expect Geoffto either refund it or provide me with free table services to at least that value ;-)
    Hi Philip,

Your help is needed. I am a very wealthy Nigerian Prince called Prince Bobo. My son was kidnapped by Barry Hearn and is being held in a Spanish Prison. I need to bride the prison guards but lack funds as I purchased too many John Parris Ultimate cues this week. So just give me your bank details and I will send you one of the cues when they arrive in 48 months time.

Yours,

Prince Bobo.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X