New Leathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Leathers

I have an Ashcroft table circa 1920 with top plate fittings. The leathers are looking tired and need replacing, currently the leathers dont fill out backwards to the edge of the cushions and I was wondering if it is possible to fit new leathers that would give me the 'tournament' look? (Jubilee style spring to mind)

Anyone got any thought's?

No top plates are the thin type of leather , you would need to have all the brass hardware to fill those large broad bow leathers and the jubilee leathers would just be like putting an XXXL rain coat on Gandhi and expect his shoulders to fit right up to the sides
    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
      No top plates are the thin type of leather , you would need to have all the brass hardware to fill those large broad bow leathers and the jubilee leathers would just be like putting an XXXL rain coat on Gandhi and expect his shoulders to fit right up to the sides
      Lol, I thought that might be the case. Ive seen two different types for sale recently, the moulded narrow bow type (30 quid) or some titan branded ones that look as though you cut to size yourself. Any thoughts on which type I should go for geoff?

Comment

the narrow bow type , the leather is much better quality than the titan one's

You will have to cut these to size too , you would be better off looking in B&Q for much better cord to sew these on , the type of flat cord used and supplied in the box I normally throw away .
        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Cheers Geoff. I may be requiring your services in a years time when I leave the RAF. Am planning on having my table rotated through 90 degrees and re clothed with my termination grant.

Comment

Working...
          X