Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    So is that a special table for you lot down under
    That is why Neil Robertson is so good. He can play upside-down too.
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Always have " Dancing on the Ceiling " playing to on the Stereo!!!
      If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

If you are buying a 8ft , make sure it is three section 1.5 inch slate bed , with bolts going into slate not wood screwed on , also 6 legs not 4 . or it may dip in the middle as not good support on 4 legs , one piece slates are known for dipping all over the place too
        a 9ft would be a better choice in my opinion if you can get the extra 1 foot in length and 6 inch in width .
        I have just converted a Billiard diner to fixed height because it was made all wrong and was a low price import model . so keep clear of what look good billiard dining tables too .

http://gclbilliards.com/fixed-height...-dining-table/
        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

thanks for that geoff, really good advise there mate. there are so lovely nine footers around too.

Comment

What's 6m, about 19 feet? So width isn't a problem, just length, if it were me I would buy a full size table and stick the black end near the wall, you hardly ever have to play directly up the table anyway, that's if it's just for practicing on, might be a pain if playing mates etc.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              What's 6m, about 19 feet? So width isn't a problem, just length, if it were me I would buy a full size table and stick the black end near the wall, you hardly ever have to play directly up the table anyway, that's if it's just for practicing on, might be a pain if playing mates etc.
              That's a really good point.

BTW. What does "Wish I had a villains thumb like Jack Karnehm" mean? It's starting to drive me mad.
              Last edited by cyberheater; 12 February 2014, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                That's a really good point.

BTW. What does "Wish I had a villains thumb like Jack Karnehm" mean? It's starting to drive me mad.
                I honestly don't know what it means, I bought the Jack Karnehm dvd, Understanding modern snooker,and on it he's talking about making a solid bridge and getting a good strong V with the thumb, and he says something like, I'm not saying this is easy but I am lucky enough to have been born with a right villains thumb , he seemed to have one of those bendy thumbs like Steve Davis so it might be that, but he doesn't explain it any further . I was hoping someone would know on here that's why I put it on.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Having Played in the Sheffield 3/4 league for 20 years and fullsize I can honestly say the 3/4 snooker table is a good table to practice on if you cannot get a full size table, the idea being at least you can get your arm going. As for making breaks a lot of people will always say ha its easy, Well it`s not as easy as they think as the table area is smaller and gets cluttered very quickly but it does help with learning good cueball control. Also if you have a 3/4 snooker league the money is generally very good as well, the Sheffield full size snooker league in Sheffield pays out Poor prize money for all the money they charge and take, on the other hand the 3/4 snooker league pays out £1 per point for highest break, they pay out about £80 for most wins, and £450 if your team wins the divison going right down to £150 for 4th place.

Use full size snooker balls on it so you have a full 15 reds triangle and not 10, this will make for a better game as most 3/4 snooker tables use fullsize balls anyway.

Hope you enjoy the table.

Comment

6m is tight for a full size. You need 6.6 really.
                    王可

Comment

Working...
                    X