Pockets Leathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pockets Leathers

Hi Guys does anyone know is there any video to show how to put on new leathers on snooker pockets as i bought new leather an want to make sure i put them on right. Thanks Guys.

Pleased to see you are still busy Geoff. I hope it continues as long as you want it to.

Yet you are never too busy to answer questions on TSF. What a gent.
    王可

Comment

Does anyone have any info on this as I'm in same boat n would like to do it correctly Ann just to learn something else about a table repair cheers

Comment

Check this video, from 12:54 it shows how to put them on, u can use the methed while the plates are still in the cushions as well

https://youtu.be/WUn05eRtwKE

Comment

Originally Posted by drjef28 View Post
          Check this video, from 12:54 it shows how to put them on, u can use the methed while the plates are still in the cushions as well

https://youtu.be/WUn05eRtwKE
          I may have missed this in the video but I think ianomac just wants to see how to replace the leathers (and sew them in) not the whole pocket and runners assembly.
          Last edited by Shockerz; 5 December 2016, 02:36 PM.
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Its not the whole pocket shown in the video mate its just sewing the leathers.

Comment

Originally Posted by drjef28 View Post
              Its not the whole pocket shown in the video mate its just sewing the leathers.
              Yeah. It's at the 13 minute point but although it's a great video, it only shows the installer tying the end of the leathers and not the sequence of threading each leather hole which is key to it's looks and keeping it tight,

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                Yeah. It's at the 13 minute point but although it's a great video, it only shows the installer tying the end of the leathers and not the sequence of threading each leather hole which is key to it's looks and keeping it tight,
                It shows that too,just not for long..fitter pushes string through with a metal stick type thing and pulls it back through
                H.b.142

Comment

Originally Posted by lennon11 View Post
                  It shows that too,just not for long..fitter pushes string through with a metal stick type thing and pulls it back through
                  Yeah he does that on the ends but not centres.

When I've seen it done, the installer leaves one end trailing and then goes through each hole in sequence until they reach the opposite end, they then come back over the same holes so the stitching is doubled up and then go through the opposite hole to which they started and then tie the two ends; then cut the loose bits off after pulling tight.

I'm would doubt there's a more specific video anywhere as people wouldn't then need a table fitter!

Comment

I have done three sets now. Geoff Large helped me out the first time. I used boot lace which makes it much easier to push it through the holes. Either black iron Brown. You start in the middle and leave enough to tie when finished which should in the middle of the two sections of leather. Then you continue to weave in and out once to the last hole you continue to weave back through the same holes all the way across to the other side and thn back to the center where you meet up with the peice you left at the beginning. You then tie them real tight in between the leather cut off extra and tuck it up between the leathers.
                    " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                    " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                    http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                      Yeah he does that on the ends but not centres.

When I've seen it done, the installer leaves one end trailing and then goes through each hole in sequence until they reach the opposite end, they then come back over the same holes so the stitching is doubled up and then go through the opposite hole to which they started and then tie the two ends; then cut the loose bits off after pulling tight.

I'm would doubt there's a more specific video anywhere as people wouldn't then need a table fitter!
                      I'm interested in this, my social clubs tables have been well looked after over the years they are nice old Thurstons tables I believe. They have always been re-clothed with good quality baize and new rubbers installed but the pocket leathers resemble John Wayne's saddle bags.

I've gotta a lot o love for these old tables and guess there is a bit of a restoration geek in me so I've looked at pocket leathers online out of interest and seen you can get a decent set for around £50? I met the old boy who is an honorary member of the club 80 yrs young who is still the only guy in the club who brushes an irons the tables, bless him he was a real star. It occurred to me in these times we are all living in it ain't likely they will ever get renewed which prompted the thought....how much would I enjoy buying a set and getting them fitted! Maybe if I did one (or two even) there are only 5 tables someone else might do another etc. I practice on Thurs and some Sunday evenings and always get to pick what table as its sooooo quiet those times, seems I would get a big kick from it.

Any advice on good leathers? Only looked on eBay at present.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

That sounds like an excellent idea. Perhaps if you do a good job, the committee might stump up the cash for the other tables.
                        王可

Comment

Working...
                        X