table height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• table height

Is there a standard on table height? Or it depends on the table manufacture? Because that day I was playing snooker at another hall, I find that it is a bit low and feel uncomfortable playing on it. If I am not wrong the lower table is chamberlain or something.

What would you do to adjust to playing on table that is lower or higher than your usual table?

In the Rules the hieght is stipulated as;
    Sec 1(b) Height. The height of the table from the floor to the top of the cushion rail shall be from 2ft 9½in to 2ft 10½in (851mm to 876mm).
    To adjust the hieght of a table... get an experienced fitter in
    Just mention it to the club management.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

there are many tables that have been messed with over the years , only the other day I took down a full size burroughes and watts , and noticed someone had gone the other way to level by not adding shims but had actually sawn wood from the bottom of each leg to level ?
      I have come across this a few times on my travels , looks like some of the old fitters in their day actually did this on many tables in their time as a fitter .
      This was done to level a table without having unsightly toe pieces showing from under a leg .
      And on one of the legs around 2 inch had been removed .
      I have seen tables cut down for smaller people to play , we used to have two tables in our snooker hall one was for small people the other was for taller people as it was around 2ft 11 inch to 3ft slate height .
      You can adjust a table that is low by placing 8 toe pieces of the same thickness under each leg , toe piece is a round shim , they are normally around 3mm to 8mm thick , but also thinner card ones are available too .
      You have to have different sizes to get a table level . but if your table is already level then it just requires 8 the same size , if you wanted for example to raise it 1 inch then you have to have 8 one inch toe pieces made .
      the other way of adjusting the height is to add two long rails strips to upper frame before putting the slate on and making sure it is planed level and straight , checking with a straight edge .
      [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        In the Rules the hieght is stipulated as;
        Sec 1(b) Height. The height of the table from the floor to the top of the cushion rail shall be from 2ft 9½in to 2ft 10½in (851mm to 876mm).
        To adjust the hieght of a table... get an experienced fitter in Just mention it to the club management.
        Or get a milk crate
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
          Or get a milk crate
          not that Chinese lad again
          I used to go to a social club years ago that had two tables in a long thin room - end-to-end.
          As you walked in, the left table was spot on, the right table - argh!
          The first time I went there I went to break off and found myself falling onto the table as it was so low.
          Then I was down the Black end and I cracked my chin on the bed of the table, it was so high!
          The floor just disappeared at one end of the room.
          The club has now moved the snooker room and only has one single table (a B&W with a label saying "new steel rails" or something). Nice to play on but the pockets seem tight. Dont got here often anymore - a bit out of the way).
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
          X