Cushion rail broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cushion rail broke

Due to a bad installation of my table by my fitter the wood of my cushion (riley steel block) has been ripped. A big piece of wood has been teared of.
    I glued the piece back on so i can keep playing but i wonder if there is a solution for this.
    I've emailed to Riley if they have spare parts (only the wood of steel block cushions) but they don't even answer to my mails.

My last hope is TSF...

That sounds awful, there are a lot of knowledgable people on here I'm sure they will sort you out, maybe some pics of the damage would help.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

If it is the top capping then it will require a new piece of wood splicing in and the 6 cushions stripping and repolishing to all match in .
      All Rileys will do is sell you 6 new ones . I doubt they will make you just one .
      A photo of the damage would explain a lot to me , and I could then give you better advice
      [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Will upload some pictures soon. Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

IMG_0071.jpgIMG_0072.jpgIMG_0073.jpgIMG_0074.jpg

Here some pictures, also from the wooden frieze that does not nicely fits tight to the steel block. (at all places)
          My guess this problem is caused by the little wooden block for fixing the cushion cloth that is too thick.
          The other problem speaks for itselves...

Comment

Originally Posted by Staezione View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]16232[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16233[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16234[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16235[/ATTACH]

Here some pictures, also from the wooden frieze that does not nicely fits tight to the steel block. (at all places)
            My guess this problem is caused by the little wooden block for fixing the cushion cloth that is too thick.
            The other problem speaks for itselves...
            looks like the frieze wood capping surround is not tight right up to the back of the steel , if you do get a slight gap on the pocket plate then leave leather slightly over hanging do not cut right up to the plate this will hide the gap , but I think that maybe there are some issues with cloth fold keeping steel cushion away from the slate and frieze not being tight to back of steel in photo 4 , get these correct and that gap will close a bit in photo 3
            As for the wood , it is possible to have it repaired glued and clamped with good strong wood glue then repolished .
            has he got all the corner pockets correct and the same opening at the fall ?, measure across the fall from nose of cushion opening to other cushion nose at the curve .
            it maybe the case that the two pin pocket holes may have to be plugged and redrilled a little further in to make the pocket plate tight .
            I do not know why they still use two pin plates when bolted ones like burroughes and watts or BCE type are better ?
            They can still use the same profile of pocket but one large finger of brass with hole drilled tapped out with thread in for bolt to come into from under the cushion .
            When fitting leathers I always leave an over hang of leather over the 2 pins by about 1/8th each side , if there is too much when assembling then you can trim a bit off , but if they have taken it off to start with you will have this unsightly gap .
            looking at the damage in the wood capping , it looks like someone has let the wood drop with the pocket plate still on the end , as the pocket plate hit the floor then the plate forced the wood to split , I have seen this type of damage by bad installation before , if it where me , I would get a new piece of wood and splice it in about 9 inch away from the damage , or get the fitter to order a new cushion frieze , and return to fit it , but then again the fitting looks bad of the wood not bolted up against the steel cushion .
            Last edited by Geoff Large; 24 April 2014, 06:57 AM.
            [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Working...
            X