Well, it's coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
    LOL you need room for the big screen to watch Live Snooker. No Crochet room in the Snooker Club.
    42" LED Samsung with a Pioneer soundbar, Sky etc. The TV is on the opposite wall to the 'snug' so will work perfectly. Might just be finished in time for Englands first World Cup match!

Comment

That is going to look brilliant when it's finished. gahhhhhh i want one

Comment

Looks great, keep the photos coming
        Bolton And District Snooker League

Comment

http://s150.photobucket.com/user/tho...snooker%20room

Big week, last week, roof all on now, windows all in, everything glazed. Livin' room pelmet installed, (yes, that is the correct spelling!) first fix sparks.
          Next week - plasterboarding and skimming,second fix electrics, Sky TV install, floor tiling then over to me to paint before the air to air heat pumps get put in.
          Last edited by thommo335; 31 May 2014, 07:25 AM.

Comment

wow looking good, you are in a hurry to get playing, never seen a build go up so quick.

Comment

Nice work Tommo..... It's starting to take shape nicely!!
              Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
              Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Thanks,
                yep, the guys have put a shift in, certainly. Different teams of workers for each aspect, all work for the main contractor but all do their own self employed work too, all have been first class, communicative, punctual, tidy it's been problem free so far.............the whole build from one element to the next has been seamless, very organized in getting next trade on site at the right time with no gaps in working. The date for roof frame was May 27th so the brickies put in a couple of Saturdays to catch up from some bad weather and the loss of 2 days for the piling.
                Work started May 8th so it has been pretty quick. Only hiccup was the need to pile the foundations - there's 16 piles in all, round the periphery and in the central reinforced floor beam, basically because after digging 5-6 feet down, they couldn't find decent ground only backfill material. We are close to a stream but the stream is about 3m lower than the house so they reckon when the house was built, the retaining garden wall was backfilled against then a membrane then topsoil and turf So £6k went into the ground.......at least I know when I come home from work one day, I won't find the building in the stream!

Comment

coming along nicely there Thommo
                  question, with all that glass how are you going to protect the table from the direct sunlight?
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Looking lovely that

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      coming along nicely there Thommo
                      question, with all that glass how are you going to protect the table from the direct sunlight?
                      With a table cover!!!! To be honest I don't think I'll get too much daytime use and if it's that sunny I'll be playing golf instead.
                      The glass in the roof is the lowest light and heat transmission we could find. It has an aqua tint to it and reflects something like 78%of the light.

Comment

Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
                        With a table cover!!!! To be honest I don't think I'll get too much daytime use and if it's that sunny I'll be playing golf instead.
                        The glass in the roof is the lowest light and heat transmission we could find. It has an aqua tint to it and reflects something like 78%of the light.
                        ok, thanks for that

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          ok, thanks for that
                          Hope you don't think I was being a little flippant - t'was a valid question re the sunlight and one of my first thoughts too - the table cover was actually the first thing I bought - even before the table, a nice black fitted Peradon one as Geoff recommended on here. Being bothered to keep putting it on is another matter.......

Comment

Well, it's coming!

no no
                            those black fitted covers are great.
                            I was sure you would have a table cover but I was thinking of the wood of the table surround and legs.
                            Don't know that much about the glass you mentioned but sounds like you have done a bit of investigating before you settled on the glass you have fitted
                            I have been to a club which had sun light direct on one side and the table surround and legs were terrible
                            What table have your got?

Comment

Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
                              That's good answer. I spent yesterday playing golf, so much easier and enjoyable. Spent this afternoon practicing Snooker and could not pot a thing.....LOL Cheers to golf. Keep the photos coming.
                              " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                              " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                              http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Well, it's coming!

I was also going to ask but after the details of the glass you decribed earlier probably not; but where you having those auto blinds on the glass panels?

Comment

Working...
                                X