Well, it's coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    I was also going to ask but after the details of the glass you decribed earlier probably not; but where you having those auto blinds on the glass panels?
    Not sure re. blinds.......it's a good time of year now for evaluating all this - once the table is in and I figure out when I'll actually use it etc and see how the sun affects shadows and whether the brightness of the luminaire table lights drowns the shadows out then I can decide if I need blinds and where......only trouble is that one blind company's marketing literature quoted an average cost of roof and window blinds for a 'standard' orangery at £5k !!!! Seeing as ours is bigger than 'standard' and I put £6k into piling the foundations, any blinds will be a while coming and only where I really need them.

Comment

http://s150.photobucket.com/user/tho...snooker%20room

Rest of electrics done Monday inc all TV cables buried in the walls, completely boarded and skimmed and Sky cables installed Tuesday, day off today, floor tiling and UFH going in tomorrow..........

Comment

Are you going with Carpet tiles of crackable ceramic tiles if a ball lands on them ?
        also ceramic tiles will make it echo .
        big mistake if you go with ceramic .
        The sun will fade the table judging by the shadows on the floor in the latest photo.
        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
          Are you going with Carpet tiles of crackable ceramic tiles if a ball lands on them ?
          also ceramic tiles will make it echo .
          big mistake if you go with ceramic .
          The sun will fade the table judging by the shadows on the floor in the latest photo.
          Tiles are porcelain, so if a ball should land on them and it chips, then the colour will be the same all the way through the tile, unlike ceramic. Biggest reason for porcelain was they're the best for transferring heat through the UFH, carpet of any sort is too good an insulator so makes the UFH worthless.
          As far as the sun goes, that's the first we've seen of it all week.........it's pissing down here again and is one of the reasons why I'm reducing the garden and adding another room, given that fact the garden gets little opportunity to be used - they didn't build cotton mills round here for nothing.
          Acoustically, there'll be plenty of sound absorbing wall mounted stuff and the room's shape helps too in having the 'snug'.
          The table's cloth will be protected with a fitted cover when not in use, the table legs, well, having a table with potentially a faded leg after many years of use or having no snooker table at all...........hmmmmmm I think I'll learn to live with that possibility! In any case, the UV transmission of the roof glass is 32%, the lowest we could find.
          Still no luck Geoff, sourcing me a nice square legger??

Comment

http://s150.photobucket.com/user/tho...snooker%20room

tiling done, second fix electrics tomorrow and snooker light!

Comment

Your builders do a decent job, and no dragging it out ehh lol

Comment

No dragging it out at all!! Been seamless between all the trades, the orangery company, clearview, have had everything scheduled to the day. Only delay was two days when the foundations needed piling and the brickies caught up over a weekend so that the roof and window fitters weren't delayed. I guess they're maximizing the work they get out of each trade and minimizing time and inconvenience to us. Being a big room there's plenty of space for three guys not to all be in one another's way. Eg today, one measuring, one cutting, one laying the adhesive and tiles. Always the youngest lad gets the crap jobs ie cleaning stuff, being a gopher etc. etc oh and me keeping the brews and bacon sarnies coming!!,
                There's only been one frantic day and that was due to sky tv being a day later than they should have been to get cables into the wall before plaster boarding and skimming but even that worked out in the end. Glad I was at work and came home to find it all finished, neat and tidy!

Comment

Looking good but Dread to think the cost you've laid out.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                    Looking good but Dread to think the cost you've laid out.
                    you really want to know.............????

Comment

Lovely pics so far. Will you be putting down mats/carpet to stand on while around the table? Would playing on tile not be hard on the feet after some hours?

A video tour would be great once it's all done
                      Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                      My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
                        Lovely pics so far. Will you be putting down mats/carpet to stand on while around the table? Would playing on tile not be hard on the feet after some hours?

A video tour would be great once it's all done
                        No plans for mats etc, maybe a couple by the doors to stop dirt from outside being brought in but nothing round the table. Our old WMC was a tiled floor and not something I really noticed on the feet. That said, I didn't play on that for anything like the amount of time I envisage spending on mine!! More pics will follow, if I can just be bothered to get the rollers and paint out.....

Comment

I would definitely go for carpet so I could play comfortably in my socks.

Comment

Well, it's coming!

I'll be playing in my Disney mickey mouse feet slippers!! be lovely with the uhf on.....covered in natural hessian colour paint at the moment, wash coat on the pelmet finished, bacon sandwich then a milky coffe wash coat on the walls.......

Comment

Sounds like your living the dream there Tommo!!
                              Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                              Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Looks great Thommo!!

Only problem with ceramic tiling is - in my opinion and experience - that sooner or later one will drop a ball on floor. The balls will get hurt. Disgusting if you are having a brand new set of TC's when this happens. My table is on polished concrete floor and this is only bad thing I've discovered having table on hard surface floor. I wear "Crocs" while playing so no footache.

Enjoy your great snooker place!!

Comment

Working...
                                X