Table cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table cover

I need to buy a new table cover for our club table. I saw a Peradon one for £36 on eBay. Are these covers OK? Need mine to be a waterproof one as we did once have an issue of a leak from a dishwasher in the bar directly above the table - I'm paranoid that could happen again. Your advice would be appreciated.

if it is this one you are thnking of (this one is cheaper than what you quote), then these are very good and nicely fitted elasticated at the coners for a tight fit
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peradon-Fi...6b#ht_80wt_721
    this is actually from Thurston, who as you know are the retail outlet for the Peradon group
    I got one of these for a club I used to go to and it works very well and is water proof

they do a heavy duty version as well, not fitted and looks blooming heavy
    not on ebay but on their own site
    http://www.thurston.co.uk/Pages/Prod...ID=5330.&page=
    Last edited by DeanH; 23 May 2014, 07:51 AM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I got the price wrong - £26.50 for a 12ft size. Free postage too, so that's pretty good. Thanks for the advice - I'll buy this one with confidence now.

Comment

At that sort of money one wonders why anybody would not have a cover, and use it!

On my 10' table here I have a very lightweight nylon cover. The corners are elasticated and the whole thing works well. The elastic is getting a bit stretched out now and one day will need to be replaced, I suppose, but the next owner can do that!

On my 12' table in Europe I have a very simple affair. It came with the table (thanks, again, Geoff). It is best described as being like a tent groundsheet. It is quite heavy plastic and is quite shiny but very, very soft and flexible. It isn't, a far as I know, an actual table cover but it does the job well. The weight in it obviates the need for elasticated corners. The "problem" is that it is quite bulky but it simply gets rolled up and put under the table when I am playing and ALWAYS goes on the table when I am not!
        王可

Comment

Just to say, the Peradon cover has now arrived and is on the table. It looks neat, tucks nicely over the pockets and is easy to take on and off. It's a lot lighter/thinner than the PVC old one we had, but I'm very happy with it at the price. Just hope it can stand up to some of the rough treatment one or two bozos in here may subject it to. Fortunately most of the players are quite careful.

Comment

I found this thread from some time back.

Currently I am having a padded, waterproof cover made for one of my pianos. So I have given the guy the dimensions of the table and he will make me something similar for that. There is nothing wrong with the existing cover but the new one should look better.
            王可

Comment

Table cover

I have the peradon one on my table been excellent easy to get on and off, fold and store.
              anyone any experience of the star godcover?

Comment

Originally Posted by misspentoldage View Post
                I need to buy a new table cover for our club table. I saw a Peradon one for £36 on eBay. Are these covers OK? Need mine to be a waterproof one as we did once have an issue of a leak from a dishwasher in the bar directly above the table - I'm paranoid that could happen again. Your advice would be appreciated.
                Had the exact same problem the peradon one is waterproof and it's easy to put on too

Comment

I am revisiting this thread to urge members to cover their tables!

During the night of Sunday 2 July we had a freak hail storm here. It is the worst that even the very old villagers can remember. The hail stones were the size of golf balls and did a huge amount of damage, including smashing multiple tiles on the roof of my snooker room. Heavy rain followed and soon was dripping i from many different points in the ceiling.

Fortunately the cover was on the table and despite all the leaks, it is absolutely undamaged.

You are unlikely to get storm damage as acute as this in UK, but you could get all sorts of other things happening and a good waterproof cover is well worth having and using!
                  王可

Comment

Thanks, bud. This is one of my bad habits. I always leave the God Cover off it, naughty.

Cheers.
                    JP Majestic
                    3/4
                    57"
                    17oz
                    9.5mm Elk

Comment

It's a bit like teasing the crocodiles. You might get away with it 999 times........
                      王可

Comment

Working...
                      X