Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• couple of more pics

photo 3.JPGphoto 7.JPGphoto (1).JPGphoto 2.JPG

this is the pics showing table spot positions i talk about in other post. 36in from slate for pink spot is incorrect.
    for pink spot plumbline string from centre of drop at black pocket to centre of drop at blue pocket. if you mark pink spot at 36in from edge of slate it makes the straight pink to blue pocket hit lower jaw. both pictures are correct but the 36in info is wrong, use string across the diagonals to pocket centres at the drop, not back of pocket.

cheers Ricky

Not sure where you got those measurements. The correct measurements are in the rule book and are measured from the edge of cushion, not the edge of the slate as some rails/cushion are wider than others on different makes of tables.

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      Not sure where you got those measurements. The correct measurements are in the rule book and are measured from the edge of cushion, not the edge of the slate as some rails/cushion are wider than others on different makes of tables.

Terry
      Shouldn't it be 12 & 3/4 from the cushion

Comment

the measurements are quite right actually except for the pink which should be 37".

he is talking about measurements with cushions off. the distance from the nose of the cushion to the slate is exactly 2". so the black spot would be 14"3/4 from slate edge or 12"3/4 from cushion nose.
        this method is used to mark the table before putting the cushions on, for easier measurements and exact line(using a thread from edge to edge) for the blue spot.

Comment

Originally Posted by drjef28 View Post
          ...the distance from the nose of the cushion to the slate is exactly 2". ....
          Not always !!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by drjef28 View Post
            the measurements are quite right actually except for the pink which should be 37".

he is talking about measurements with cushions off. the distance from the nose of the cushion to the slate is exactly 2". so the black spot would be 14"3/4 from slate edge or 12"3/4 from cushion nose.
            this method is used to mark the table before putting the cushions on, for easier measurements and exact line(using a thread from edge to edge) for the blue spot.
            I did it the only way to be sure by stringing the centre and then diagonals for the pink spot. Happy with the result.
            Geoff put up a great post explaining why an exact distance does not work. It's to do with different slate sizes, cushion depths and rubber depths. Great read, I would go with stringing it always.

Am sure there are some table out there that an exact distance 37in would be ok for the pink spot, but it was way out on our table and I am glad I never marked our new cloth with the poor info I found on the net.

Cheers Ricky
            Last edited by Ricky2112; 29 December 2014, 12:21 AM.

Comment

General info on the net is very mixed. I remember once going to a site which started with "Snooker is played on a table 10' x 5' ". I just closed that site and went elsewhere! That is why we have sites such as this one with people who know the subject!
              王可

Comment

Good luck on your new table Philip, hope your holiday venue takes off

Cheers Ricky

Comment

Originally Posted by Ricky2112 View Post
                  Good luck on your new table Philip, hope your holiday venue takes off

Cheers Ricky
                  Have you got any more photos of your set up Ricky

Comment

Thanks, Ricky. I am happy with how it is all going. It also means I have a wonderful house when I retire in 534 days.

Would be pleased to see you there sometime.

Sorry to OP for hijacking his thread.
                    王可

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                      Have you got any more photos of your set up Ricky
                      Got some decorating to do and a carpet to fit, table plays great, will take photos soon

Cheers Ricky

Comment

Working...
                      X