polishing Club table legs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polishing Club table legs.

Just wanting to know what product to use to re polish the club table legs? Been told beeswax? I will clean them first but just need advice from there? Or should I paint them?

I would not paint them, if you are just cleaning then a furniture polish should be ok, as most have beeswax included as well
    or are you meaning you wish to refurbish the legs back from a scuffed/chipped look to a perfect uniform finish?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

The guy that sprayed the laquer on mine told me to just use a warm damp cloth but that's because they are a nightmare to refinish. After the work I spent on mine I would get the Gold or a silver out and give them a new look. I sanded every little mark out of mine. Tough job and very time consuming. Each leg took 5 hours. The complete table took a little over a month.

" Practice to improve not just to waste time "
      " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
      http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Just looking to clean them up and give them a clean polished look. Would any kind of wax work or as you say should I just use a furniture polish?

Comment

Not lookin to sand them.

Comment

Originally Posted by crg147 View Post
            Not lookin to sand them.
            It really depends on how bad they are but if you rub them down with super fine steel wool then take some French Furniture Polish and go over them they should come up real nice.

Comment

DO NOT use household furniture polish if you ever intend refinishing. These polishes contain silicone and silicone contamination will wreck havoc with any future finish. It causes lacquer to go fish eyed and resembles orang peel. An absolute nightmare. A damp cloth then dry cloth. If they are scratched, give a rub over with suitable colour wood stain.

Comment

Originally Posted by maryfield View Post
                DO NOT use household furniture polish if you ever intend refinishing. These polishes contain silicone and silicone contamination will wreck havoc with any future finish. It causes lacquer to go fish eyed and resembles orang peel. An absolute nightmare. A damp cloth then dry cloth. If they are scratched, give a rub over with suitable colour wood stain.
                Yes 100% correct. That's what I said above. My guy told me with nine just warm wet cloth then dry them for that reason.

Comment

Working...
                X