witch table??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• witch table??

Some of you guys have probably read that I have a dream to start a café/snooker hall in sweden. And let's say that I have just done that, but I haven't bought any tables yet. I would like to have 4-5 tables. It must be tables with good quality. I know that star tabeles probably are the best?? Don't know how much they cost including shipping to sweden? But if one would consider to buy another brand, witch one would you choose??

What do you think about this one?
    https://www.dynamic-billard.com/en/p...hogany-snooker

regards/Ronnie

Originally Posted by ronfor0603 View Post
    I know that star tabeles probably are the best??
    Star tables are not necessarily the best, they are just the ones that the professional play on as Star have the contract to supply tables to World Snooker events
    not saying they are bad tables just saying that they have the current contract with WS

Hopefully the TSF resident table fitters and suppliers (Geoff Large and Maryfield, etc.) will pop on and give you superb advice as always

I am following your project with interest and cant wait for the next instalments of the story
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thing is every great player or potential pro would come from afar to play on a star table - so its good marketing to get a couple -

I think myself that a Borough & Watts steel blocked table or a nice Karmen and Hillman steel blocked are the better made tables but Star tables are the ones I would go for because everyone wants to play on the same conditions as a pro and you would be in a minority in your country with them when you get them no doubt so the best players would all flock there.

Interesting to see what Geoff would say -

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
        Interesting to see what Geoff would say -
        I remember reading that Geoff prefers old welsh slate on tables. He said they are better quality. But that could be from his professional point of view and not a players. Something about the way a craftsmen finishes the slate off.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
          I remember reading that Geoff prefers old welsh slate on tables. He said they are better quality. But that could be from his professional point of view and not a players. Something about the way a craftsmen finishes the slate off.
          yep, something about the thickness (less likely to sag) and the "hand floating"

also, any table you get, I am sure Geoff will recommend adding, if not already there, muntin adjusters to allow for better adjustment and future upkeep.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            yep, something about the thickness (less likely to sag) and the "hand floating"

also, any table you get, I am sure Geoff will recommend adding, if not already there, muntin adjusters to allow for better adjustment and future upkeep.
            Yes. That's what is was.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
              Yes. That's what is was.
              whatever that is? :wink:

sounds rude

Comment

Table from Dynamic, what do you think about that? Was there anything in the specification of the table that did not sound so good?
                https://www.dynamic-billard.com/en/p...hogany-snooker

How much does a star table cost in England?
                /Ronnie

Comment

My preferred table for your venture will surprise a few as it is not going to be welsh slated tables , I do prefer welsh slate but you have to be very lucky to get a welsh slated table with modern cushions to good spec.

I recommend a table that is easy to upkeep and be free from problems a modern table such as a standard cushioned riley Aristocrat plenty of these around second-hand , some made in the UK and some under license made in china

You do not need steel block cushions to play snooker , ok steel will rebound better than standard cushions giving more accuracy but as a business your outlay for steel cushioned tables will be three times as much as a normal table that will do the job required good modern steel block tables second hand are around £5000 in top condition , you can pick up second hand aristocrats at one third of this price .
                  I would take more notice of pocket openings and type of pocket plate and good UK made northern rubber cut to template size of 3.5 inch or 3.5/8th at the drop and not narrowing after the fall
                  Your customers will be very happy with tables like this and it is better to get all tables playing the same rather than one steel block and 4 standard cushioned tables , 95% of players will not know the difference anyway and that's a fact of life .

also take notice of the slate condition before purchase , always go for hand floated slates if possible and those adjustable muntins in place to make sure they stay true and do not sag.

I think one of the main problems that I have come across when a good snooker player decides he will open a club up , is that they want every table to be of Tournament quality , as a business you will struggle if you do this
                  Wider pocket openings of 3.5/8th is a big plus for the majority of players and you will make your business more successful if you go down that route rather than the tight match pockets .
                  If you have to have one table to match spec then do it but you will find people will moan that they cannot pocket balls on the table .

This is the sort of table you should be looking for http://gclbilliards.com/riley-aristo...will-find-one/

but be aware you can get some bad fitted ones and some that are Chinese and sold as UK made tables like this one http://gclbilliards.com/riley-aristo...s-instalation/

just try and steer clear of impulse buy that Bargain my not be a Bargain when you take into account re-polish / re- cloth re-/ rubber / new nets and leather sand all balls cues and long tackle not to mention lighting
                  What ever you buy the shipping costs will be expensive so buy the right tables as that fitting and shipping costs is the same for a good or bad table .

Geoff
                  [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

I suggest you should look for a good table fitter in the first place and buy the table from him. Even the best table will serve you nothing if not fitted probably. Nothing wrong with buying used tables, I have bought four for my club. The key to quality playing conditions is regular maintenance from a good fitter which is very rare outside the UK.

Comment

I really want to thank you for all the information, very useful.
                      I'll take this opportunity to say that this is still in a planning stage and if or when this happens I do not know?
                      But all the information you can from people who have more experience than myself is very important. So thank you so much.
                      / Ronnie

Comment

Working...
                      X