problems with club tables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with club tables

Hi. Need help with my two tables. My local conservative club tables are getting slower. I've tried everything. They're covered on a night. They're near radiators so quite warm when club open. They're brushed and ironed regular. But they're just so slow. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Michael
    Always a pleasure

Originally Posted by Saint Michael View Post
    Hi. Need help with my two tables. My local conservative club tables are getting slower. I've tried everything. They're covered on a night. They're near radiators so quite warm when club open. They're brushed and ironed regular. But they're just so slow. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Michael
    You're lucky. They don't iron or brush the two and out local working mens club. It's like playing on a cardigan. LOL.

What is the speed like after they are freshly brushed and ironed? And are they brushed and ironed in that order. That's important. Also. How often?

Comment

more importantly are the brushing and ironing from baulk to black in parallel lines?

I say that because at one place I used to go they did the brushing in sweeping arcs!
      Last edited by DeanH; 18 February 2015, 06:17 PM.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Changes in temperature are usually the contributing factor

Comment

Might need cloth stretching

Comment

Stretch the cloth and if you can convince them put a de-humidifier in there running 24hrs a day. Get a humidity gauge and if the humidity is over 40%, which it likely is over there, then that will also speed things up considerably.

Problem is they do use a lot of electricity and if it's a large room you would need a larger one.
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Thanks in advance

Michael
              Well the first question should've been what cloth is on the table as different cloths will produce different speeds? If it's something like a hainsworth smart cloth or a club cloth then these are thicker purposely made for club tables which won't ever get any quicker.

Comment

Is it the cloth that is slow or are the balls losing pace off the cushions? Some people often think that a slow table is due to the cloth but more often than not the rubber on the cushions will affect the pace of a table more than the cloth itself.

Comment

Thanks guys. Probably temperature change doesn't help when club is shut. It's brushed and ironed the correct way. But also probably needs stretching
                  Always a pleasure

Comment

Thanks guys. Probably temperature change doesn't help when club is shut. It's brushed and ironed the correct way. But also probably needs stretching
                    Yes it's unfortunate, but without a consistent temperature, it's gonna be tricky to maintain a decent level

Comment

Thanks in advance

Michael

Get them to spend some money, tight*****. You can stretch, brush it, wetblock it, iron it. But if the cloth is rank and the cushions are too, you're never going to get it up to speed. A club should be spending money on a 6811 club cloth at a minimum. Proper care of this basic cloth and the Hainsworth equivalent will lead to a table with plenty of speed. Ok, they're £250 plus fitting, so maybe you can get it done for £500 if you search around? Make sure the tables have northern rubber underneath by Hainsworth as well.

Comment

How much do you pay an hour for these tables?

Comment

What condition are the balls in?
                          王可

Comment

Balls are aramith tournament champion. Well cleaned.
                            Always a pleasure

Comment

Working...
                            X