Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeanH
    replied
    Yes, the top of the rail/cushion is meant to be 39mm and as you can see from the diagram below, taken from the WS pocket template set, the important metric is the point of contact of 30mm.
    I have an idea (could be wrong ) that if the cushion cloth is a bit tight it may pull the rubber and the point of contact down a bit.

Not sure what the bottom diagram depicts and where on the table/cushion this scenario is, anyone?

Leave a comment:

• Master Blaster
    replied
    Thanks James, you're right. I'll have to think about that, it could just be the ball bouncing because of stun, which we've seen on tv tables. I filmed it in HD with my Nokia 1020 but the way youtube encodes and kills mp4 is basically rubbish.

Leave a comment:

• jlowap
    replied
    I've slowed it down... uploading. Could do with a higher rate video, have you got an iPhone?

It seems to be that the red bounces up off the bed and hits the pocket bag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA37a4YbqSI
    Last edited by jlowap; 18 March 2015, 03:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Master Blaster
    started a topic Rail/Cushion/Pocket Height Problems

Rail/Cushion/Pocket Height Problems

A recent new cloth and cushions were fitted to our match table and 18mths later the balls are bouncing out the pockets after hitting the leathers plumb, especially the middles. Balls will also jump up in the air off the cushions and if they hit the knuckles after a firm stun, they can leave the table. The pockets aren't bags, they're cut to a comp size because some of us play county. One theory I have is the rails are too short in height, compared to other tables I look after. Can this be the issue? I'll post a video later to show what I mean. But its like when you put snooker balls on a pool table and they have problems staying on there. If the rails are to low then could the cushions will be as well, as they sit about 1mm before rail height?

I have no idea what cloth was put on as I wasn't there when it was fitted but it's slower than a 4yr old 6811 T at one of my other clubs so I doubt it is pure wool. The table is BBI 4 times a week so it the baize if as smooth and fast as anyone can make it. The cushions are 39mm above the table, is this too low Geoff Large/TD/Deano or any other table fitters/experts?

*In this video I play a stun-run-through with the white just below middle and slightly off the cushion, trying to return to pot the ball in the middle again, so maybe 12ft of travel, not 24ft, so not that hard, but quite firm:

The red bounces out. This table is ruining a lot of big breaks.

HELP!
    Last edited by Master Blaster; 18 March 2015, 10:17 AM.
Working...
X