Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy a new table for oversea shipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy a new table for oversea shipping?

Hey all!

We're building a new house and I got my approval to get a snooker table!

However, I don't know where to buy it. I've been looking at several pages but I don't know which one to trust. I'm thinking about a 9 or 10 feet with prices around £3-5000. It needs to be shipped to Norway.

Cheers!

i got my tables from simon barker and i am very happy with the service. he sure will ship to norway and fly over to set the table up. geoff large is another to consider

Comment

Any of the suppliers will ship wherever you want.

With so many wonderful older tables around for bupkis, why would anybody buy new? The older tables are vastly superior.
      王可

Comment

like philip said, you can get a used renovated table for less than 3000 GBP, and have Geoff install it for you, get a B&W or a Riley Aristocrat Table, have it renovated and painted whatever color you like.
        i think maryfield is doing that, PM him

Comment

Originally Posted by Romewo View Post
          Hey all!

We're building a new house and I got my approval to get a snooker table!

However, I don't know where to buy it. I've been looking at several pages but I don't know which one to trust. I'm thinking about a 9 or 10 feet with prices around £3-5000. It needs to be shipped to Norway.

Cheers!
          My honest opinion Is you'll never be happy with a table that's not full size, it will be great for the first month where you can get your cue out and hit a few balls and then you'll realise that it's not really what you want.

Comment

Watch ebay, you may be lucky and find something nice. As Leo says, get a full sized if you can and these are often cheaper on ebay as well, ironically.

Comment

never compromise table size, if the room only takes a nine footer then 9 foot table it is. if you get a full size and then start getting out a little cue for certain shots then you'll give up within six months an it wont be fun cus your mates will stop coming over to play too

Comment

Where to buy a new table for oversea shipping?

the op says 'building' so if the house is still on paper as it were then build the room to the correct size while the opportunity is there. When I built my room it was full size with no comprises or not at all. good lut with it and lets see some pictures! !!

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                  My honest opinion Is you'll never be happy with a table that's not full size, it will be great for the first month where you can get your cue out and hit a few balls and then you'll realise that it's not really what you want.
                  Couldn't agree more. If you lack the space for a full size table is better to get a pool table

Comment

Thanks for the answers

We´re building a new house, yes, but the the room I´m planning can´t get any bigger. It´s to the max so to say. It´s 5.8x4.6 meters. I want to be able to play with a normal cue with the ball tight to the cushion. And that´s actually something I need to improve, so no discussion there.

It don´t have to be brand new, but it needs of course to be in perfect condition.

I´m getting a snooker table, not a pool table. But I did some digging, and you can get american pool balls in 2 1/16. So my mates can play pool. It will be way more difficult than the average club pool table, but I´ll think they manage

And for those who still claims I should get a full-size table, I have two full-size tables at the club at disposal any time I´d like.

Pictures will come eventually, but it probably won´t be until next year.

Cheers

Comment

I have both! I have a 10' here, in China, and a 12' back in Europe. Yes, of course I prefer the 12' but a 10' is definitely better than nothing!

One problem is that 10' tables tend to keep their price as there is good demand and limited supply on the second hand market. I have seen some nice ones on Geoff's site so always worth looking there. He organised my 12' table and also got it packed for export for me.
                      王可

Comment

Thanks for the answers

We´re building a new house, yes, but the the room I´m planning can´t get any bigger. It´s to the max so to say. It´s 5.8x4.6 meters. I want to be able to play with a normal cue with the ball tight to the cushion. And that´s actually something I need to improve, so no discussion there.

It don´t have to be brand new, but it needs of course to be in perfect condition.

I´m getting a snooker table, not a pool table. But I did some digging, and you can get american pool balls in 2 1/16. So my mates can play pool. It will be way more difficult than the average club pool table, but I´ll think they manage

And for those who still claims I should get a full-size table, I have two full-size tables at the club at disposal any time I´d like.

Pictures will come eventually, but it probably won´t be until next year.

Cheers
                        Everyone has full size tables at their disposal at the clubs but it's the whole having a full size table at disposal at home which is the real winner not anything smaller. You have to ask yourself is a 10ft table really better then nothing maybe but a snooker table is 12ft 6 not 10ft 5 so in theory you'll never play proper snooker at home.

Comment

I appreciate your input. Would of course get a full size if I had room for it. Or I can still get one, but it wouldn't be "proper snooker", now would it? :P

Don't want this thread to go OT, so the main thing is still on the table ( pun intended)

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
                            I have both! I have a 10' here, in China, and a 12' back in Europe. Yes, of course I prefer the 12' but a 10' is definitely better than nothing!

One problem is that 10' tables tend to keep their price as there is good demand and limited supply on the second hand market. I have seen some nice ones on Geoff's site so always worth looking there. He organised my 12' table and also got it packed for export for me.
                            Thanks! I'm already in touch with Geoff

Comment

I appreciate your input. Would of course get a full size if I had room for it. Or I can still get one, but it wouldn't be "proper snooker", now would it? :P

Don't want this thread to go OT, so the main thing is still on the table ( pun intended)
                              Fair enough but with 99% of practice routines not needing cushion shots and the percentage of the white ever landing on the Cush playing line ups, T line ups, etc etc will always be better on a full size. But if you're just having pals round for a few beers then a 10ft would do.

Comment

Working...
                              X