Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Home Pool Tables

Hi,

I am a new member on this forum and this is my very first post.

I currently play snooker about 2 or 3 times a week as well as a little american pool (both 8 ball and 9 ball) and now I am looking to purchase a 7ft x 4ft american pool table for my home, I am really looking for a top quality and sturdy non-slate bed table which features a very good playing surface as it will be installed in a room upstairs and I feel that a slate bed table would just be too heavy, my intention is to play a combination of snooker and american pool on it for maybe 1-2 hours a day mainly to improve my technique and to keep my snooker game sharp as I live a fair distance from the nearest snooker club so travelling to and from there too often is just too much.

During the last couple of days have been looking at various pool tables online and have came up with the following list which all seem to be along the lines of what I am looking for but with so many ifferent ones on the market I honestly have no idea which one to choose and whether any of them are much better quality than others, therefore I would really appreciate any reviews anyone may be able to provide me with regarding any of these or other similar pool tables.

BUFFALO CHALLENGER
    BUFFALO ROSEWOOD
    GAMESSON CAMBRIDGE
    GAMESSON HARVARD
    MIGHTYMAST CALLISTO
    STRIKEWORTH PRO AMERICAN DELUXE
    WALKER & SIMPSON REGAL DELUXE
    WALKER & SIMPSON CROSBY

Thanks
    Graham

Originally Posted by GRAHAM864 View Post
    Hi,

I currently play snooker about 2 or 3 times a week as well as a little american pool (both 8 ball and 9 ball) and now I am looking to purchase a 7ft x 4ft american pool table for my home, I am really looking for a top quality and sturdy non-slate bed table which features a very good playing surface as it will be installed in a room upstairs and I feel that a slate bed table would just be too heavy, my intention is to play a combination of snooker and american pool on it for maybe 1-2 hours a day mainly to improve my technique and to keep my snooker game sharp as I live a fair distance from the nearest snooker club so travelling to and from there too often is just too much.

During the last couple of days have been looking at various pool tables online and have came up with the following list which all seem to be along the lines of what I am looking for but with so many ifferent ones on the market I honestly have no idea which one to choose and whether any of them are much better quality than others, therefore I would really appreciate any reviews anyone may be able to provide me with regarding any of these or other similar pool tables.

BUFFALO CHALLENGER
    BUFFALO ROSEWOOD
    GAMESSON CAMBRIDGE
    GAMESSON HARVARD
    MIGHTYMAST CALLISTO
    WALKER & SIMPSON CROSBY

Thanks
    Graham
    Welcome to the forum. I know some very good pool players, one who represented his country, who use snooker to sharpen up their pool but it rarely works the other way. Adopting a slightly different set-up for pool (inevitable given the table differences etc) can ruin your snooker game. Maybe it won't for you but be careful. Snooker first!

Comment

Thanks for the advice and you do make some valid points there, however I was planning on playing both snooker and american pool on my home table with 2 1/16" snooker sized balls using only my snooker cue and that would most likely help to keep things more consistent between the two different games, I may well give it a try over the months ahead anyway and just see how it affects my snooker game.

Comment

Thanks for the advice and you do make some valid points there, however I was planning on playing both snooker and american pool on my home table with 2 1/16" snooker sized balls using only my snooker cue and that would most likely help to keep things more consistent between the two different games, I may well give it a try over the months ahead anyway and just see how it affects my snooker game.
        Keep to playing pool on the pool table. Only practice snooker on a full size table, for me that's the only way you'll improve your game.

Comment

Hi,

BUFFALO CHALLENGER
          BUFFALO ROSEWOOD
          GAMESSON CAMBRIDGE
          GAMESSON HARVARD
          MIGHTYMAST CALLISTO
          WALKER & SIMPSON CROSBY

Thanks
          Graham
          I'm sorry but I don't think a non slate table can ever be top quality and sturdy
          Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Why are you anxious to avoid a slate bed?
            王可

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
              Why are you anxious to avoid a slate bed?
              He feels it would be too heavy for upstairs
              Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Sorry, I missed that. I ought to read more carefully!

I must admit a slate bed on a modern wooden floor would worry me unless I could get some sort of spreader plate underneath it to distribute the load. If the load is spread, though, I don't see any objection. My tables are both on concrete so no problems. I did some work on the music room floor before putting the piano in there. That is less than half a ton but it is on 3 small brass casters which sit on specially designed cups. Seems OK so far!
                王可

Comment

So has anyone used walker and Simpson Crosby 7ft pool table? Would it be good for a non slate table? Would it beat the bce black cat?

Comment

Working...
                  X