Cushion bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cushion bolts

Hi! I am refurbishing my snooker table, and I am just about finished. Three of the bolts to fasten the cushions to the slates are missing.
    They are 3/8 bolts with 12 threads per inch. I am having trouble finding this dimension. Does anybody know where I can find bolts like this?
    PS I live in Norway, so they need to be shipped..

You could message Geoff Large on tsf, he's a fitter of note.

Comment

Cushion bolts

also Maryfield how may have bolts to fit or the info to source locally?
      have you tried any local hardware store (if you have any that is ) with one of your bolts to match?
      what table do you have?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks. I have tried at a local hardware store, but they could not find any with 12 threads per inch. It is not common over here. The table is an "Heritage". Badge says: "Made in England by Birmingham Export Billiards"

Comment

You may have to replace the nut studs inside the slate and fit new bolts and threaded studs , available from Peradon but you may be lucky and they fit without removal of stud , to fix back in use wax over the thread of the bolt and screw into nut , then apply body filler let set and sand flush then remove waxed bolt
          the bolte will then go in and out without fouling up on body filler .
          the slate has to be upside down to complete this task

http://www.peradon.co.uk/table-parts...s.aspx#product

Geoff Large
          [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Thank you Geoff!
            One of the many nice members of this forum has contacted me, and he will send me bolts. Seems like the problem is solved!

Comment

Hi Jokerman, I know your original post was a number of years ago, but I have come up with the same problem as yourself, regarding trying to find some 3/8" 12TPI threaded cushion bolts. I see that you were contacted by someone who was able to supply you the bolts. Did you receive them, and would you be able to put me in contact with them?

Comment

Originally Posted by Thorne147 View Post
                Hi Jokerman, I know your original post was a number of years ago, but I have come up with the same problem as yourself, regarding trying to find some 3/8" 12TPI threaded cushion bolts. I see that you were contacted by someone who was able to supply you the bolts. Did you receive them, and would you be able to put me in contact with them?
                How many bolts do you need? I may have some spare..

When I refurbished my table I bought everything direct from Thurstons, they are basically ‘The’ supplier for the table fitting industry.

Comment

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately during the storage of the table we've mislaid all 24 bolts, we are reasonably convinced that they've been thrown away. I'm guessing you've not got 24 spare?

Comment

Ah yeah! No I don’t have a full set

Try given Thurstons a call and speak to Dave Morrow. I needed half a dozen to replace damaged ones, in fact, I bought everything from them, cloth, rubber the lot 👍

Comment

Working...
                    X