Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FULL SIZE TABLE FOR 300pounds...

Chaps, can you advise on this please?

Have been offered a full size table with the following for 300quid for a quick sale due to a house move.

Apparently it is Rileys, made of oak, approximately 80+ years old, 5 blocks of slate at 1.5inches thick, full set of balls, cues, spider, two rests, scoreboard, full overhead light etc....

All for 300quid.

Psst, got any pictures...?
    http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/398/stickmenzl3.gif

I wish someday, I will witness a 155 break.

Comment

are the cushions and the pockets in good condition?

Comment

Thanks for replying, fellas.

I don't have pictures to post, but the pockets and cushions are all in good order. The only downside is the table has been packed away, as of a fortnight ago, and I will need to pick it up and pay somebody to put it together.

Not sure how much that will cost. Have since been told it is a Thurman table, ont Riley's. Would that make much difference?

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure fi you asked the right people, you could get a much better price than £300 for it. But, I wouldn't buy it. I'm still saving for a PS3.
          http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/398/stickmenzl3.gif

I wish someday, I will witness a 155 break.

Comment

If they're wanting rid of it then i'd hazard a guess they may well negotiate on price. Remember you'll have to somehow get it from there to your place, which can be a bit of a job, 1.5" slate in 5 parts means they'll be roughly 200kg each, you'll need at the very least 2 people who are fairly fit to lift that for a short distance (into the back of a van) you'd be better off with 3 for safety. You'll also need some type of flatbed trolley to move them and padding to make sure no damage occurs, then you'll need to have some sort of rig in the van to slide the slates onto each other without causing any damage again. The wooden frame is light enough so no problems there, just make sure to plan the movement of the slate as above.

As for getting it built up, it'll cost you 200-300 quid at a rough guess, plus extras if the cushions aren't too responsive.

Comment

just take it its hard getting a full size table that cheap, over here it is anyway

Comment

Working...
              X