Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10ft or 12ft dilemma!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by craig147 View Post
    Meant to also add, great point above mate ! This was my worry that a 10ft table would become cluttered and struggle to really have a proper game so to speak. Really interesting to hear from someone who has had experience with both tables although you do have slightly longer room than myself. Also glad you mentioned the cloth as I have heard mixed reviews regarding the hainsworth precision against the strachan tournament some saying the hainsworth does not last anywhere near as long and also it is a lot harder to fit as can tear when getting fitted, would'nt think this issue would be the customers though surely.
    In a club Craig the Hainsworth Precision would probably last a month if you're lucky, but 95% of the time it's just me practicing and it's been on there now 4 months and you would think I had it fitted a couple of weeks back, brushed every night after play, block it also and because the room is well insulated and run at a constant temp ironing is not needed as half as much as the Strachan did. I don't even think I need to iron it but because it cost me £100 for the iron I might as well get some use out of it.

    Dean also mentioned under table heaters are not necessary with a good heated room correct my cloth is as quick as the day it was fitted. My thermostat radiator cost £140 and it's been excellent.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Triedandtested View Post
      In a club Craig the Hainsworth Precision would probably last a month if you're lucky, but 95% of the time it's just me practicing and it's been on there now 4 months and you would think I had it fitted a couple of weeks back, brushed every night after play, block it also and because the room is well insulated and run at a constant temp ironing is not needed as half as much as the Strachan did. I don't even think I need to iron it but because it cost me £100 for the iron I might as well get some use out of it.

      Dean also mentioned under table heaters are not necessary with a good heated room correct my cloth is as quick as the day it was fitted. My thermostat radiator cost £140 and it's been excellent.

      Yes like yourself the majority of time I will be using table for practice and solo play so will last a lot longer than if it were fitted in a club, would be handy to be able to play on both to compare but I can't see that happening.
      I noticed you've said that you got a thermostatic radiator so I take it you had a purpose built room/extension built for your table and then just piped a new radiator in off your existing boiler ?
      " and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green. "

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by craig147 View Post
        Yes like yourself the majority of time I will be using table for practice and solo play so will last a lot longer than if it were fitted in a club, would be handy to be able to play on both to compare but I can't see that happening.
        I noticed you've said that you got a thermostatic radiator so I take it you had a purpose built room/extension built for your table and then just piped a new radiator in off your existing boiler ?
        No extension mate I built it all myself from scratch at the end of my garden and no pipes at all, just a normal plug in thermostat radiator which is fantastic, think it could be a dimplex will have another look.

        Comment


        • #34
          Tried... did you say you have a dehumidifier as well?
          if so, what make/model?
          Up the TSF!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by DeanH View Post
            Tried... did you say you have a dehumidifier as well?
            if so, what make/model?
            Hi Dean the Dehumifier is Eco-Air DD122FW-MK5 I couldn't recommend this enough, around £150 maybe a bit cheaper now.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Triedandtested View Post
              Hi Dean the Dehumifier is Eco-Air DD122FW-MK5 I couldn't recommend this enough, around £150 maybe a bit cheaper now.
              Do you have this running all the time then mate, I noticed its Eco-air so s running cost ok?
              " and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green. "

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by craig147 View Post
                Do you have this running all the time then mate, I noticed its Eco-air so s running cost ok?
                No I switch it on once sometimes twice a week for about 6 hours. I've got clock that checks humitdy in the room and that's normally 40%.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Triedandtested View Post
                  No I switch it on once sometimes twice a week for about 6 hours. I've got clock that checks humitdy in the room and that's normally 40%.
                  Ok thanks I will take a look at the model you have recommended and take it from there.did you carpet your snooker room then or go for a hard floor? sorry for the barrage of questions mate It just helps to hear from experience when making choices. Have you got any photos you can upload or send of your set up? Cheers again!!
                  " and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green. "

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by craig147 View Post
                    Ok thanks I will take a look at the model you have recommended and take it from there.did you carpet your snooker room then or go for a hard floor? sorry for the barrage of questions mate It just helps to hear from experience when making choices. Have you got any photos you can upload or send of your set up? Cheers again!!
                    I stuck carpet tiles down, they were seconds off eBay for under £100.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Don't think "only 2 ' shorter". Think: a 12' table has 44% more area than a 10'. That is a lot!
                      王可

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by philip in china View Post
                        Don't think "only 2 ' shorter". Think: a 12' table has 44% more area than a 10'. That is a lot!
                        Yes when you look at it like that Phillip it's unbelievable how different in playing area size they really are.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Triedandtested View Post
                          Yes when you look at it like that Phillip it's unbelievable how different in playing area size they really are.
                          Are you able to upload any photos of your set up mate?
                          " and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green. "

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by craig147 View Post
                            Are you able to upload any photos of your set up mate?
                            Is that to me?

                            Generally on size people can forgetquite how seriously big a 12' table with playing space really is! Geoff has a wonderful story about a fish tank. Come on, Geoff, let's hear it again!
                            王可

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              M
                              Originally posted by philip in china View Post
                              Is that to me?

                              Generally on size people can forgetquite how seriously big a 12' table with playing space really is! Geoff has a wonderful story about a fish tank. Come on, Geoff, let's hear it again!
                              If you have any pics of your set up Philip then would be good to see too!
                              " and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green. "

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by philip in china View Post
                                Is that to me?

                                Generally on size people can forgetquite how seriously big a 12' table with playing space really is! Geoff has a wonderful story about a fish tank. Come on, Geoff, let's hear it again!

                                I set a full size snooker table up in Mansfield woodhouse near Nottingham in a terraced House

                                the table was on the ground floor as they had knocked the two rooms into one

                                there was 4 foot to the bay window area from the baulk end

                                2 foot down each side

                                and 6 foot at the spot end

                                in the spot end there was a two seater settee

                                A TV and a 4 foot fish tank full of fish and coral

                                when we had finished the client was knocking a few balls around then he decided to rack them up and break off

                                The white ball hit the pack of reds and jumped off the table and right through the glass fish tank , it was like something off Fools and horses , fish all over the carpet
                                and me and my Mate rolling around in laughter on the drive home the van must have been all over the road .
                                [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X