snooker table keeps going on the ****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snooker table keeps going on the ****

my table keeps going out of level every 2 months i have to level it when me and my mates first installed the table it stayed level for about a year its in a wooden shed and on a concrete base the table is a Karman and Hillman.

Wood floors and wood tables in a shed are going to expand and contract when heating goes on , wood expands in wet conditions and shrinks in warm conditions .

the table itself I take it is not directly on the concrete base , have the table dismantled cut pad holes where the legs should be and place either concrete pads or concrete on top yourself , make sure you have a bit of damp proof under these pads to stop damp coming up into the wood legs

place table back on the pads then you will only have the wood in the table to contend with and not the floor .

unstable or moving floors are a constant headache for leveling , I used to level a snooker table in our local club in stapleford which had the roots of a tree going under it every couple of months

they have now had a move around and pool tables are down that end , since moving the snooker table to a better position they have not had any issues with the level .

things that can effect a shed are water levels in the ground expanding soil or clay then shrinking when it falls , we have been having a lot of rain fall recently
    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

thanks for your help geoff the table is directly on a concrete base i put some damp proof under the legs and see if that helps

Comment

When it goes out of level is it always in the same direction?
        王可

Comment

The concrete is still settling and this can go on for a long time.

Comment

Originally Posted by blinky88 View Post
            The concrete is still settling and this can go on for a long time.
            I wondered if that might be the cause which is why I asked my question. I left my slab quite a while before the table went on it. Also the slab is fairly substantial, with a well prepared sub stratum and piling.
            王可

Comment

THE concrete was laid over 20 years ago and about 6 inch thick for the first year it stayed level now i have to level it every 6 weeks or so

Comment

I'm not a builder but that sounds as if we can rule out the slab settling!
                王可

Comment

What is the 6" of concrete sitting on, buddy?.
                  JP Majestic
                  3/4
                  57"
                  17oz
                  9.5mm Elk

Comment

if its in the London area then most of the ground substrate is clay , look at this map area the dark brown is london clay if it is in the bagshot sand area that is where you have problems heavy rains can wash the bagshot sand away causing sinking

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London...ndon_Basin.jpg
                    Last edited by Geoff Large; 17 February 2016, 01:13 AM.
                    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Working...
                    X