Snooker Pocket Hang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker Pocket Hang

We have had a few arguments in the club as the pockets have been a little unreliable with a few complaints and raised a few questions:

1. Is the ring at the bottom of the net is it meant to sit horizontal?
    2. What angle is the ball cradle meant to sit at?
    3. When ball cradle is full, rather than the balls backing up into the pocket they hit the top ball and fall onto the floor?

Are there any rules or guidelines around how a pocket is fitted?

It would help to have a steer if anyone has one........
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Snooker Pocket Hang

we have the same issue on our tables
    to me the ring should be horizontal and so the rack has a good angle downwards so balls go to the end every time, but they don't because the leather straps at the ends are not long enough
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      we have the same issue on our tables
      to me the ring should be horizontal and so the rack has a good angle downwards so balls go to the end every time, but they don't because the leather straps at the ends are not long enough
      Well I guess this is my point really hence I was after some confirmation as there must be a standard........ e.g. horizontal ring and 20 degree fall etc etc

Once I can establish what it should be then I'll refit them and possibly fit some new straps if they're not long enough as you can get them (link)

I'd just like to get an idea from an expert so when the club fiddlers keep changing them when I'm not about I can put a notice up t leave them be so they are fixed correctly (we have a full membership of experts offering their opinions and services when no one is looking!

Comment

Snooker Pocket Hang

from what I can see from the White/Baird game they do seem close to horizontal
        see if you can find an image online (maybe Geoff's site) of the rails
        as said to me for the nets to hang right the ring is horizontal. the fitter who does our table has used a lot of the leather strap so the actual length left is too short
        let us know how you get on
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          from what I can see from the White/Baird game they do seem close to horizontal
          see if you can find an image online (maybe Geoff's site) of the rails
          as said to me for the nets to hang right the ring is horizontal. the fitter who does our table has used a lot of the leather strap so the actual length left is too short
          let us know how you get on
          Potentially getting a couple of tables done soon so may bring it forward and have a chat with the fitter to see if he works by a standard. I take a look at others in the mean time.
          Thanks for the reply Dean

Comment

Working...
          X