• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockerz
    replied
    Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
    They are not made correct

they used the angle on the ring for normal length rails forgetting that if you extend those rails the distance from the under side of the cushion to the end rail nut get's greater than a normal strap length

in other words it is the rails angle that is faulty not the strap , you have a choice revert back to normal rails or cut some belts up to make longer straps

try holding a normal rail against the long rails and you will see what I am talking about

also low cost Chinese nets are longer which can also make the rails even worse , I recently had to change a set of nets to shorter ones to get the balls to roll out the net , also take net up two loops on wire that you have to fasten to underside of cushions this also helps
    Geoff

Really appreciate your feedback. It all makes sense so will take a good look when I get down there again on Sunday.

The nets were changed 18 months ago and they are already showing holes (not the normal ones!!) and seem too big so possibly from China.

Great stuff

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Large
    replied
    They are not made correct

they used the angle on the ring for normal length rails forgetting that if you extend those rails the distance from the under side of the cushion to the end rail nut get's greater than a normal strap length

in other words it is the rails angle that is faulty not the strap , you have a choice revert back to normal rails or cut some belts up to make longer straps

try holding a normal rail against the long rails and you will see what I am talking about

also low cost Chinese nets are longer which can also make the rails even worse , I recently had to change a set of nets to shorter ones to get the balls to roll out the net , also take net up two loops on wire that you have to fasten to underside of cushions this also helps
    Last edited by Geoff Large; 12 May 2016, 10:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    started a topic Ball Runners

Ball Runners

We have extended ball runners to save the refs emptying the pockets.

At the base of the nets the brass ring isn't horizontal as the leather strap is a standard length.

My question is, should we have an extended leather strap which would make the ring horizontal? If so, does anyone know where they are stocked?

Because of the angle the balls sometimes hit the last ball and drop on the floor.....
Working...
X