Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
    Not seen any UK ball pockets they are all liners that require ball runners

you can get american gully pockets all in one moulded but they are too large for UK tables .

Home play tables just have one ramp to one end , by lining the end box with a carpet tile and a thin strip of tile at the opening where they make the most noise this will reduce most of the noise .
    you can line the inner ball ramp with old cloth but do not glue it on , just staple it around the outside .
    after a while balls will stick on old cloth or carpet so you have to clean out regular basis to stop fluff collecting in there .
    thin carpet like flotex may work but after a while I can see sticking balls a problem , it depends on the type of table it is being fitted to
    my experience with Supreme winner and prince is you have to keep the insides clean to stop balls sticking in there .
    but I would recommend a Home play version over a coin op if you are afraid of noise , and try a thin matting like smooth darts mat or thin flotex on the main ramp and thicker carpet tiles down in the ball collection box at the end of the table , the loudest bang is where the ball hits the alloy trim surrounding the hole, so a thin strip piece of carpet tile there and make sure it covers that alloy trim .
    you may want to put a little thin sponge or flotex just where the ball drops on the pocket runs
    and if in a upstairs flat put a carpet piece under legs if on a hard floor .

make sure the nap of any flotex follows the run off of the ball direction
    Cheers. Will have to give it some thought. I was thinking about a supreme winner but may have to compromise.

Comment

There is only one brand of speed cloth I would recommend and that is Strachan super pro speed cloth
      http://gclbilliards.com/pool-table-r...o-speed-cloth/

Super pro is the best speed cloth for fitting , other speed cloths tend to be very difficult to form around bends and the centre pocket falls
      you can use starch on speed cloths and not a lot of people know this but also an iron , but not too hot as the man made fibers will melt
      I use starch and iron on the 9ft butlins tables http://gclbilliards.com/lincolnshire...n-pool-tables/

there are some very low cost speed cloth around one is euro speed cloth , it marks very easy with ball skid friction burns , the super pro speed cloth is 70% wool / 30% man made fiber and is not 100% man made fiber like the euro speed cloth .

You get what you pay for
      Much would it cost to get snooker table coverd with good cloth Jeff
      Ton Praram cue series 1 ash shaft Burwood and ebony splices with maple vaneres 58.9.5.29.4.18oz 18 BP

Comment

The most used good cloth for wear and tare is Strachan 6811 tournament 30 oz

http://gclbilliards.com/watch-out-fo...snooker-table/

around £400 for this plus vat if vat registered firm does it .

and around £100 for good quality nets and leathers no chinese rubbish nets or thin leathers .

being in Scotland you will have to find someone local to do this
        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

The most used good cloth for wear and tare is Strachan 6811 tournament 30 oz

http://gclbilliards.com/watch-out-fo...snooker-table/

around £400 for this plus vat if vat registered firm does it .

and around £100 for good quality nets and leathers no chinese rubbish nets or thin leathers .

being in Scotland you will have to find someone local to do this
          Was quoted £350 with the cushions and he will level the table in club
          Ton Praram cue series 1 ash shaft Burwood and ebony splices with maple vaneres 58.9.5.29.4.18oz 18 BP

Comment

Originally Posted by Snooker man Stevie View Post
            Was quoted £350 with the cushions and he will level the table in club
            Did that include new rubber when you say cushions or do you mean a cushion recloth in addition to the bed? If so, 350 sounds good value if the job is done right.

I think we paid 380 last time incl. vat.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
              Did that include new rubber when you say cushions or do you mean a cushion recloth in addition to the bed? If so, 350 sounds good value if the job is done right.

I think we paid 380 last time incl. vat.
              No just bed and recover cushions

Comment

Originally Posted by Snooker man Stevie View Post
                No just bed and recover cushions
                As long as others recommend your man, or he's got a good rep, I'd go with that.

Comment

Working...
                X