Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Table Lights?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best Table Lights?

    Lights required for snooker table, can anyone tell me the best ones available please?
    The Cuefather.

    info@handmadecues.com

  • #2
    Originally posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
    Lights required for snooker table, can anyone tell me the best ones available please?
    Have a chat with Trevor (Sanders) Mike, he has certainly fitted most over the years. I know he favours the Timesafe Luminairs as he has fitted some over at Waterlooville on the match tables.

    Maybe pop over and take a look as they are a pretty concentrated light and don't light the room as expected.
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

    Comment


    • #3
      3 disco balls evenly spaces along the middle of the table.... oh and put some strobe lights in the cushions

      Comment


      • #4
        and LEDs around the legs, and strobs that change colour aftyer a certain time....
        hm, sure I have seen this somewhere recently...

        Up the TSF!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DeanH View Post
          and LEDs around the legs, and strobs that change colour aftyer a certain time....
          hm, sure I have seen this somewhere recently...


          thats the ones!!!

          Comment


          • #6


            My social club is experimenting with some new lighting, I was told this may happen and one table has been changed earlier this week.



            one luminaire with one tube (I think) but it could be LED as the light is very white BUT it is only 4 foot long! and very low wattage
            I have been meaning to have a closer look and see what they have decided to test.
            Up the TSF!

            Comment


            • #7
              When the offer was accepted on the house I bought I called Riley and ordered Riley Aristocrat Tournament Champion Table on the same day. After knocking through the annex that was in the house the table is due to arrive only days away. I’ve waited a long time fir this moment. I’ve just fitted the Tinesafe Luminaire and it looks pretty cool.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mark1 View Post
                When the offer was accepted on the house I bought I called Riley and ordered Riley Aristocrat Tournament Champion Table on the same day. After knocking through the annex that was in the house the table is due to arrive only days away. I’ve waited a long time fir this moment. I’ve just fitted the Tinesafe Luminaire and it looks pretty cool.
                living the dream! hope everything works out exactly as you hoped

                Comment


                • #9
                  Our club now has Thurston doing the maintenance on our three tables and recently we go a pair of duet luminaries over each table.
                  Does take some getting used to but now don't notice except good bright lighting on all tables now; and the room is brighter and more open due to the three coffins not being there any more
                  Up the TSF!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Cheers matey!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I’ve not seen the light on as of yet, until the sparky connects it but I’m wondering what colour temperature you get from it? Ideally daylight balanced LED would be good at 5500K.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mark1 View Post
                        I’ve not seen the light on as of yet, until the sparky connects it but I’m wondering what colour temperature you get from it? Ideally daylight balanced LED would be good at 5500K.
                        Fitted the Timesafe Luminaires to out tables and they are great.

                        Every one that has come has mentioned the imporvement.
                        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          In that case I’m very much looking forward to seeing them, thanks matey!👍🏼

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Having been around fitting tables , using the twin tube luminaires lighting and where first used with daylight tubes and high frequency power packs to stop flicker .
                            they made such a difference not only to playing but when the table had to have work carried out on it .
                            no straining of eyes to see what you where doing under those coffin lighting with yellow glow bulbs .

                            but the latest lighting now being used is these LED panels , ether 2 end to end or three side ways on with around 18 inch gap between them
                            ideal distance from bed 5 to 6 ft

                            see link here and note differnat sizes for pool tables 300 x 1200

                            snooker at least 2 x 600 x 1200

                            https://www.ledpanelstore.co.uk/led-...yAAEgLmb_D_BwE

                            if you wished to mount and hang there is a fitting kit of wires and bezels .

                            but if you make out of skirting an oblong shape to fit the units in and screw this direct to the ceiling it looks very neat and tidy .
                            they do come with power packs .
                            Last edited by Geoff Large; 26th November 2017, 10:23 AM.
                            [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks Geoff, I have already fitted the luminaire to the ceiling which looks pretty neat and tidy. I have found tgat there are quite a few G13 mount led daylight balanced tubes on amazon, so I’ll swap out the fluorescent tubes for these.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X