Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dust on cloths

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by maryfield View Post
    Club owner and table fitter`s opinion here. I agree in part with Geoff saying that hoovering can lift slate filler but only if its plaster of paris. If its the modern 2 pack filler thats been used then the hoover will not lift this. We have used this type of hoover attachment for 25 years and had no issues. As for the assertion that the nap ends up in the hoover it does but brushing just sends it up in the air. Benefits of hoovering, no dust to fill your lungs, cleaner room and no chalk in cloth.

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/32230500595...7333952&crdt=0
    I agree. The amount of green fluff that ends up on the bottom rail or in the pocket rails from brushing will be all you're seeing in the vac.
    Re the slate joints, pretty simple to look under the table where they are and avoid them if you want to make sure you don't do any damage, still pick up 99% of the crap up.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old cue collector --
    Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
    (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by maryfield View Post
      Club owner and table fitter`s opinion here. I agree in part with Geoff saying that hoovering can lift slate filler but only if its plaster of paris. If its the modern 2 pack filler thats been used then the hoover will not lift this. We have used this type of hoover attachment for 25 years and had no issues. As for the assertion that the nap ends up in the hoover it does but brushing just sends it up in the air. Benefits of hoovering, no dust to fill your lungs, cleaner room and no chalk in cloth.

      https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/32230500595...7333952&crdt=0
      I may give this a go prior to the cloths being changed as see what happens.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by philip in china View Post
        Try to get your players into the habit of giving it a brush before their time starts.
        We've been trying this for a few years but it's only the serious players that seem to care enough and there are less of them nowadays.
        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

        Comment


        • #19
          Good Day, I purchased 12 feet of hoover hose and attached a 16 inch wide nozzle with firm bristle. I usually do a sweep then hoover, it works well, I dont think i would use hoovers that have a turning nozzle on them. This hose also very usefull for cleaning car and windows. I used car bondo for the joints so i am not worried about sucking that out. Cheers,
          I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!

          Comment


          • #20
            We were advised by an experienced fitter to dump our heavy covers because they make the table sweat and hold in humidity. He sold us nylon replacements. It's not terribly practical but you could wash the cloth in cold water; I've done this and the cloth comes up dandy. Refitting however...............yeah. Almost all of the dirt on the table cloth is grease from hands and chalk. Covers don't stop much air borne dust at all because there isn't that much in most snooker halls. Mabye offer someone a couple of hours free play if they brush, block and iron the tables once a week?

            Comment


            • #21
              i had a block made up with green cloth on the bottom, the speed improved massively after a few days of using the block, with a combination of brushing and ironing i saw a massive improvement in the speed, we have ex no 10 on both tables in my club, one table is extremely slow because it doesn`t get much use at all,
              and we never put the covers on at night, which we should do.

              However, there is a club across the road, it uses hainsworth smart, which i thought wasa pretty crap and slow cloth in comparison to no10 or 6811, but this cloth is super fast, faster than any no 10 ive ever played on, faster than any cloth or table ive used with under table heaters, ive played on tables that are warm to the touch because of the heaters, but i can`t get over how fast the the cloth is, they block each table every day and only iron the tables once a week and then cover the tables every night, even spotting balls feels so different, the ball will slide right off your hand and off the spot its that fast, generating screw or travel with the white is something else. I can screw the entire length of the table with relative ease, even with a 16oz burwart champion. The guy that fits this cloth also does a few pro tables around ireland including mark allens table, i think the guy fitting the tables has ocd, which is a good thing if you fit snooker tables lol, but he does some job, so good in fact am having him over to redo the tables in the club i play at, i think his name is McEvoy.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by chunkis View Post
                i had a block made up with green cloth on the bottom, the speed improved massively after a few days of using the block, with a combination of brushing and ironing i saw a massive improvement in the speed, we have ex no 10 on both tables in my club, one table is extremely slow because it doesn`t get much use at all,
                and we never put the covers on at night, which we should do.

                However, there is a club across the road, it uses hainsworth smart, which i thought wasa pretty crap and slow cloth in comparison to no10 or 6811, but this cloth is super fast, faster than any no 10 ive ever played on, faster than any cloth or table ive used with under table heaters, ive played on tables that are warm to the touch because of the heaters, but i can`t get over how fast the the cloth is, they block each table every day and only iron the tables once a week and then cover the tables every night, even spotting balls feels so different, the ball will slide right off your hand and off the spot its that fast, generating screw or travel with the white is something else. I can screw the entire length of the table with relative ease, even with a 16oz burwart champion. The guy that fits this cloth also does a few pro tables around ireland including mark allens table, i think the guy fitting the tables has ocd, which is a good thing if you fit snooker tables lol, but he does some job, so good in fact am having him over to redo the tables in the club i play at, i think his name is McEvoy.
                Yes, the Hainsworth Match is a good cloth and we have them on all 8 tables at the club I prefer. But here's something you might want to try, the Hainsworth Precision. It's even faster than their Match. Shaun Murphy played on it for the first time a couple of years ago and said it was like playing on marble. I've had one on my own table and it is impressive and wears well. I think they play that shoot out tournament on it too if you want to check out youtube to see it.

                The one problem is it's more expensive than other cloths.
                Terry Davidson
                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

                Comment


                • #23
                  I am quite obsessive as some of you might have realised. My table ritual is as follows:

                  1. Make sure I am on my own. i.e. no significant other.
                  2. Get a cloth that is barely damp. Go to the snooker room, plug in the iron.
                  3. Put all the balls on the table and polish them in turn paying particular attention to the cue ball.
                  4. Take a paintbrush and brush under the cushions.
                  5. I have 2 table brushes. So I take 1 in each hand, so each pass down the table actually brushes it twice.
                  6. Block the cloth.
                  7. By this stage the iron is up to temperature. Test it on a bit of scrap cloth.
                  8. Iron the cloth.
                  9. If I am playing, carry on, otherwise cover the table.
                  Last edited by philip in china; 22nd August 2017, 03:14 PM. Reason: topy
                  王可

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Philip, you put me to shame..
                    JP Majestic
                    3/4
                    57"
                    17oz
                    9.5mm Elk

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      It's less than a 10 minute job.
                      王可

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                        Yes, the Hainsworth Match is a good cloth and we have them on all 8 tables at the club I prefer. But here's something you might want to try, the Hainsworth Precision. It's even faster than their Match. Shaun Murphy played on it for the first time a couple of years ago and said it was like playing on marble. I've had one on my own table and it is impressive and wears well. I think they play that shoot out tournament on it too if you want to check out youtube to see it.

                        The one problem is it's more expensive than other cloths.
                        More fluff from a 'coach'. The Hainsworth match cloth is terrible. It's quicker than the Strachan 6811 TC to begin with but slows down after a month. After 3-6 mths the cloth is dead and needs replacing after 9mths of medium use. A 6811 TC can last 12-24mths if looked after properly because the cloth is denser and it's made better. The Hainsworth match cloth has a habit of tearing on a re-stretch as well, according to our fitter. It was fitted because of some olds who have no cue power and wanted a quick fix to their poor cueing >>> faster cloth. We will never buy another. They can learn to cue properly instead.

                        Opinions are like Axxxholes........every one has one . Blaster because you don't like it , doesn't mean it is terrible . 2 Members say they like it ...........i do love keyboard warriors
                        Last edited by Neil Taperell; 24th August 2017, 07:22 AM.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X