Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dismantling table

Hi guys

Can anyone be recommended, need a table dismantling near Sandhurst.

Also how hard are they to dismantle? My dad who is a mechanic thinks he can dismantle the table himself - thoughts?

Originally Posted by AmarZain View Post
    Hi guys

Also how hard are they to dismantle? My dad who is a mechanic thinks he can dismantle the table himself - thoughts?
    Best to have a word with Geoff Large on here, a real expert with a lot of years experience in the trade.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Hi guys

My thoughts are that you should only trust someone with experience of tables to do dismantling if only because the slates are too easy to damage. I presume it's Sandhurst Kent? Someone I'd trust is Michael Hudson trading as Bennets Billiards. He's based in Paddock Wood, not a million miles from you.

Comment

could be Sandhurst Berkshire, I used to live there and still live close; actually drove through to Frimley hospital earlier today

AmarZain, whereabouts are you? (ish)

also have heard Geoff Large (gclbilliards.com) say not to dismantle a table unless the fitter taking it away does so as they can confirm exactly what is there or not; as often pieces go missing however well intentioned and packed
        Last edited by DeanH; 26 September 2017, 01:23 PM.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Geoff would be assembling the table - willing to wait however long it takes. The table will assembled in Manchester.

Ive bought the table from Yateley. I just need someone to dismantle it - I have my own transport to take it back to manchester.

It'll probably be assembled mid January 2018.

Geoff no doubt is probably the best in the game - problem is I don't want to pay hundreds extra just for the dismantling of the table

Geoff would obviously need to travel to and from Yateley which isn't a short trip unfortunately.

Comment

Dismantling table

I am sure I read on his website that he will travel to dismantle and store (for short time) and then locate and install
            for not that much more because he knows he has all the bits
            And you will have the confidence of a crack top notch job

For balance their is another super table fitter on TSF (maryfield) that can also do what you are looking for but I don't know of a website
            Last edited by DeanH; 26 September 2017, 10:11 PM.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Try Marin Rabbits in Bournemouth for the dismantle
              GCL billiards is now booked out right up to Christmas , got another France trip in December too .

http://www.snookerandpoolservices.com/
              [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                I am sure I read on his website that he will travel to dismantle and store (for short time) and then locate and install
                for not that much more because he knows he has all the bits
                And you will have the confidence of a crack top notch job

For balance their is another super table fitter on TSF (maryfield) that can also do what you are looking for but I don't know of a website
                If only life was that easy Dean

I need the table to hand most of the time so it can be taken up when crane arrives

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
                Try Marin Rabbits in Bournemouth for the dismantle
                GCL billiards is now booked out right up to Christmas , got another France trip in December too .

http://www.snookerandpoolservices.com/
                Cheers Geoff, did drop you an email too so you can ignore that as I know you're a busy man.

Will get in touch with Martin today

Comment

Unfortunately Martin can't undertake the job due to a busy schedule.

Is there anyone else the forum can recommend local to the area?

thanks

Comment

Frank Sandell? 01903 238571.

Comment

Thanks will give Frank a call

Might ask my mate to give Tony Glover a call see if he's available to do it. Could easily pick him up and drop him off as he's on the way

Comment

Thanks will give Frank a call

Might ask my mate to give Tony Glover a call see if he's available to do it. Could easily pick him up and drop him off as he's on the way
                        Trevor Sanders from Portsmouth does all out work and travels.

Contacts details:

https://www.snookercrazy.com/recover-snooker-tables/

Bottom of the page.
                        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                          Trevor Sanders from Portsmouth does all out work and travels.

Contacts details:

https://www.snookercrazy.com/recover-snooker-tables/

Bottom of the page.
                          Thanks mate will give him a call later today hopefully

Comment

Working...
                          X