Relative humidity and tables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relative humidity and tables

Does anybody know what the ideal relative humidity is for a snooker table?

So far my efforts on humidity have been a bit hit and miss. My curatrix has more or lessinsisted that I install hygrometers in some of my rooms, one of which is the snooker room.

I know that the humidity in these rooms varies quite a bit. I can tell that from how the tuning of the pianos varies.
    王可

I use a dehumidifier in my basement which keeps the humidity between 50% (in summer) and below 40% in winter when I have to shut it off as it's not pulling any moisture out. I have had various cloths on my table, 6811, #10 and Precision and I would say somewhere around 45% or so is ideal and your leather pockets won't rot.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

My humidity has been constantly below 35% for the past week or more due to the 'polar vortex' and extremely low temperatures (-20C's) and very low humidity that accompanies it. I am noticing my (snooker) balls are picking up a lot of nap even though I brush and block the table but I haven't been tempted to use a vacuum on it yet.

I still figure around 45% to 50% is probably the correct rangel
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

That seems to be what I am hearing from everybody who knows. Too low and wood starts to split.
        王可

Comment

Working...
        X