No announcement yet.

Log cabin outbuilding Snooker Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend of mine has just had one built. Will try and get him to join the forum and give his input. It looks awesome, is well insulated and fits a snooker and pool table inside.

Comment

That must be quite a size.
      王可

Comment

I'm also interested in the budget. I'm currently getting quotes, and the room alone is coming in at a massive cost!

Comment

Originally Posted by reggiemal View Post
          I'm also interested in the budget. I'm currently getting quotes, and the room alone is coming in at a massive cost!
          Can you do any of it yourself top save money?
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

We went with Beaver Log Cabins in Winsford... Excellent quality 70mm thick logs (much more substantial than the 44mm - no intruding wall sections inside), properly weatherproofed corners, insulated floor (28mm T+G) and ceiling, very well finished, 10m x 6m (9.5 x 5.5 inside) so was a little longer to fit a 'bar area' and probably more like 2x your budget though - the groundwork concrete base was a fair amount too, but it's probably worth spending a bit more to get a good job done and have something last for years that you can be happy with rather than wishing you hadn't compromised on xyz. Then have to consider electrics and heating (I did the electrics myself and installed a Toshiba 8kw ceiling mount aircon / heat pump to heat in winter and cool in summer). A good couple coats of Sikkens externally and Polyvine Dead Flat interior varnish inside to protect the wood finished it off.

Comment

Would you mind sharing the total cost for everything? Just want to know whether I’m in the right ball park.

Comment

I have done 2.5 snooker rooms over the years. You can save yourself a lot of money- or waste a lot of money- in various ways.

Once you have got sufficient postings to be able to use PM, by all means contact me and pick what is left of my brains.
                王可

Comment

Working...
                X