Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting table DIY

Hi guys,

I would like to ask if there is any info online for fitting your own snookertable. I have experience with fitting just the bed and i am fairly happy with my work on this.
    However i would also like to know how to fit new cloth on the rubbers and maybe cut the rubbers to a bit more forgiving size. The cloth on the cushions i have now was fitted by a professional but close to the corner and middle pockets the cloth 'ripples' if this makes sense. It looks very amateurish that way and i'll find that if you pay such a load of money to fit one cannot have ripples in the cloth near the pockets.

Thats why i would like to give it a try myself. Any advice is welcome! Excuse me bad English

Cheers

Rubbers , get a pro fitter in to do it. Its a long job for a diy and easy to make a mess of it.

Comment

My honest advice would be, don't do it. Get a professional in.
      王可

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
        My honest advice would be, don't do it. Get a professional in.
        Well Philip, I did get a professional to do it before and because i am not happy with the result whatsoever i'll think i better do it myself. But very few information to find online about this

Comment

I am sorry to hear that. The trouble is I suppose anybody can claim to be a table fitter, whether or not they know what they are doing.

Geoff might chime in. He is very helpful.
          王可

Comment

The thing here is if you make a video or a detailed report on how to do my job , Myself and all the fitters in the UK would be out of work .

you have to ask yourself what Job do I do what if I showed all on the internet how to do your job , IT worker , Solicitor , Brick layer , Electrician , sooner or later every one will be doing skilled work themselves and no one like me or you around anymore , as back up anymore because we showed you all how to do it

having said this , there is one idiot on the web that supplies a CD with cloth on how to re-cover , I am happy to say that this is not a good tutorial video , and you have to understand Scouse to make any sense of it ....lol

I am glad to say I am very busy in my trade and I put this down to disappearing Billiard fitters , they have either died off or gone into other types of work or never made the grade in the first place .
            You have to be dedicated work long hours travel many miles to and from work , stay away from home , and when serving an apprentice take all the rough work with low pay and have a sense of humor when your senior fitters take the P out of you .
            I can honestly say the things they did to me when I was an apprentice , today youth would walk off the job seek an employment solicitor and sue the firm

So I only guide people I do not show them how to do the job , Photo's on my web site , may give you an insight but not a detailed report .
            Last edited by Geoff Large; 2 February 2018, 11:12 PM.
            [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

You wouldn't catch me giving away as many secrets of my trade as you do, Geoff!

I still think you should write your memoirs when you retire.
              王可

Comment

IF I RETIRE , I think I will go on the job Phil :biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:
                [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

I would have to say it is a very bad idea to try and do it yourself - I have seen the results a few times......
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                  X