Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    The only natural light was from my window? lol

Surely the template re pockets has to stay the same, and there was enough "these pockets are huge" last week? I watched a whack of it, and they did seem to be rather accommodating. So what is left re variety, when they should have been the same? ie if cloth, balls and templates are the same then can the Augusta vs Links difference be created?

I'm still confused by the 1 construction pic on laptop vs 3 finished on phone...

Bazza should be able to negotiate a deal of a cut per table sold as opposed to take a whack from a particular supplier and use them all that sign his deal. I understand why people like the legs on this table and the monochrome look, although I hate it. But different colours and styles of legs etc may help the sales of tables?

It could generate some press etc re Pro's refusing to play on certain clothes, weight of balls - and there is no such thing as bad publicity....

I have gone from my GĀ£ to club ping pong balls to go back to playing in the weekly Comp, and it's a mare.
    Even when jigs and templates are used there will always be some variable difference. E.g. Material consistency
    Cloths will also be different, especially those that are woven from wool.

So by having different manufacturers supplying the equipment will always bring inconsistency even when using consistent templates. That's would be the challenge for the players to overcome...
    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
    National Snooker Expo
    25-27 October 2019
    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Table looks like a snooker table and plays like a snooker table with bucket pockets. When you're playing you don't know what it looks like, and I can't see how it's 'modern' just because the legs are straight and not turned.
      This sort of design happened in the 1920/30's, maybe not to snooker tables but with all sorts of other furniture and is known as art deco.

https://thefurniturerooms.co.uk/art-...ony-c1930.html
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
        Table looks like a snooker table and plays like a snooker table with bucket pockets. When you're playing you don't know what it looks like, and I can't see how it's 'modern' just because the legs are straight and not turned.
        This sort of design happened in the 1920/30's, maybe not to snooker tables but with all sorts of other furniture and is known as art deco.
        You will probably remember the Renaissance then Vmax? Nothing is new, it's modern because it uses new materials and its black.

Ron's playing a dream at the moment isn't he! Best advert Rasson could ever ask for! :snooker:
        āšŖ šŸ”“šŸŸ”šŸŸ¢šŸŸ¤šŸ”µšŸ’—āš«šŸ•³ļøšŸ˜Ž

Comment

Originally Posted by 147Daniel View Post
          erhm... im in denmark. ip ?
          I thought a man of your calibre would have a VPN.

Comment

Interesting that Rasson have a process that compresses phenolic resin into the handrail on their table. From the website:-

Our Adamath-Wood rail with unique processing technology compresses phenolic resin into precious hardwood veneers, resulting in a luxurious look with an ultra durable finish that is resistant to warping, scratches, moisture, and heat.

image.jpeg
            Last edited by Cue crafty; 7 November 2018, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

https://thefurniturerooms.co.uk/art-...ony-c1930.html
              Now an Art Deco table would be good.

The one in Cov would be fine (asthetically) if the silver plastic\metal strip were brass\gold coloured and the carpet and surround dark gold\rust kinda thing.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                Interesting that Rasson have a process that compresses phenolic resin into the handrail on their table. From the website:-

Our Adamath-Wood rail with unique processing technology compresses phenolic resin into precious hardwood veneers, resulting in a luxurious look with an ultra durable finish that is resistant to warping, scratches, moisture, and heat.

[ATTACH]19129[/ATTACH]
                Does this impact how it plays? Beyond the pockets looking more bucket than last week?

Comment

Never seen under table heaters like the one supplied with Rasson, maybe the reason why it's playing like glass according to John Higgins?
                  https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/sn...ker-table.html

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post

[ATTACH]19129[/ATTACH]
                    Does this impact how it plays? Beyond the pockets looking more bucket than last week?
                    No they are completely passive in play, but offer up excellent finger prints when forensics need to get involved

Comment

Hi everybody,

I see this table every week because it's right next to the one I practice on. A few days after the final of the Champs-of-Champs, the table appeared in my club, here in Norwich -- still had some glitter on from the final's celebrations -- and despite being labelled "Table 15" it soon became "O'Sullivan's table" (even though all the other top-16 played on it as well...). Unfortunately, I do not know how it feels playing: the table is there, right next to me but I cannot use it because it's reserved to the pros, unbookable by the poor mortals like me.

But I heard that it is extremely fast, faster then the Star, and it seems that Kyren Wilson said the same. The pockets are very small (they look smaller or at least not larger than the other pro tables). The design is quite unusual but you may start liking it after a few times you see it (I did not like it on TV at all; but now I appreciate it). And the blue under-light makes it even more unusual -- and likeable once you get used to it -- but then we're moving to pure aesthetics so let me stop here!

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
                        I would be interested to see what Geoff has to say on that subject.

If your fitter levels slates by tapping in wooden wedges, get another fitter! Slates should be supported by muntins, not slivers of plywood.
                        I think its more work to do it with Wedges and cards but it can be done. Easy is not always better, those muntins are only located a a few stratigic locations, wedges can be introduced anywhere. It took me 4 days to do mine with wedges but it is not moving anywhere soon. If a fitter as the patience and experience he could do a very good job without muntins.. No need to fire him.
                        I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Any news on the table contract guys? Come April and the current contract with Star will expire.

Comment

monster spam alert!!!!

Mods to the rescue!!!!

Comment

I hate these time wasting spammers.
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Mods to the rescue!!!!
                                Someone spamming this thread? Maybe it has been deleted.

Comment

Working...
                                X