No announcement yet.

Star table not being used ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some pictures have popped up on twitter, good to see they are not using the black pocket leather. I wonder if WSS is fitting them?

Comment

maybe WS saving the £5 optional extra for the black leathers
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Great pics bmk, thanks. Dame that corner pocket looks tight! Pinch! Ouch!
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Looks a great table.
          Thanks for sharing!
          Will be interesting what the players think...
          "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
          National Snooker Expo
          25-27 October 2019
          http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

I like the rack for the long tackle.

I shan't be trading in my Burroughes & Watts just yet.
            王可

Comment

Table looks awesome in its setting... And seems to be playing nice too.
              National Snooker Expo
              25-27 October 2019

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                Table looks awesome in its setting... And seems to be playing nice too.
                Agreeing to disagree....

Hmmm, the legs are simply wrong, I can't say I like the black, nor the pale fawn leather, which wants to be white. For a person\club it will look **** in under 6 months, assuming it is used and this one could look tatty by Sunday.

Have a google for Yask, they used (I haven't been in that game for 10 years) to do some good stuff with slid, chunky oak as opposed to this MFI wannabe....

The metal\plastic on the legs is irritating me already. If I want to get fussy: then while the carpet goes with the metal\plastic in their grey\silverness the fawn is brown, which is a warm colour and clashes with the cold carpet and metal\plastic strip. The cloth and all bar one or two balls* are warm, so they should be in the warm spectrum, rather than the cold. Imh(umble)o

*the pink and arguably the yellow, but not the white as it is neutral :wink:

Comment

Was gonna compliment but after blah blag ripped it to shreds I will just say seems to be playing very nicely and my mate has found it online for around 8k if anybody is interested . Just nice to see something different imo and it seems to be playing really good and I think the Stars are like 4 or 5 k more expensive.

Comment

You can get a star set up for 4/5k

Comment

For a home snooker room would take this any day! Nice story behind it too. even if you add the cost of making it steel block its cheap. Will be interesting to see what it fetches.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-Size...3yWp:rk:2:pf:0
                      Last edited by Cue crafty; 5 November 2018, 04:32 PM. Reason: berk
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                        Agreeing to disagree....

Hmmm, the legs are simply wrong, I can't say I like the black, nor the pale fawn leather, which wants to be white. For a person\club it will look **** in under 6 months, assuming it is used and this one could look tatty by Sunday.

Have a google for Yask, they used (I haven't been in that game for 10 years) to do some good stuff with slid, chunky oak as opposed to this MFI wannabe....

The metal\plastic on the legs is irritating me already. If I want to get fussy: then while the carpet goes with the metal\plastic in their grey\silverness the fawn is brown, which is a warm colour and clashes with the cold carpet and metal\plastic strip. The cloth and all bar one or two balls* are warm, so they should be in the warm spectrum, rather than the cold. Imh(umble)o

*the pink and arguably the yellow, but not the white as it is neutral :wink:
                        It reads like you have some sort of design degree blahblah?
                        So in reply I'll write that the legs look better than that of the gold can sprayed legs Star tables see fit to install.
                        This is just my opinion of course...
                        Jason
                        Product Design and Development BSc
                        Last edited by the lone wolf; 5 November 2018, 06:23 PM.
                        National Snooker Expo
                        25-27 October 2019

Comment

No to the Design thing, but yes the gold ones are tacky.....

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                            No to the Design thing, but yes the gold ones are tacky.....
                            Anyway...
                            Personally I'd like to see WS invite multiple table manufacturers to provide tables for the main and challenge tours rather than keeping the contact exclusive. They should be able to pull in more $$$ and the game would be going in the direction of tennis with multiple playing surfaces - providing they meet WS standards.
                            National Snooker Expo
                            25-27 October 2019

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                              Anyway...
                              Personally I'd like to see WS invite multiple table manufacturers to provide tables for the main and challenge tours rather than keeping the contact exclusive. They should be able to pull in more $$$ and the game would be going in the direction of tennis with multiple playing surfaces - providing they meet WS standards.
                              That’s a nice decision to take if at all taken.

Comment

I actually kind of like it in the arena setup.

I wouldn’t want it at home, but it looks okay in a large arena.

Comment

Working...
                                X