Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Damaged Cushions (Karnehm & Hillman)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Damaged Cushions (Karnehm & Hillman)

Hi all,

Ive got the chance to buy a Karnehm & Hillman table for a very reasonable cost.

Generally the table is in very good condition, however there is one set of cushions that have been exposed to water and thus one of them at least is bent (visibly to the eye). No doubt the wood has swollen etc so would need a good bit of work to sort it out.

I'm wondering what the costs would be (if anyone has an idea) to get a set of new replica cushions made for the two damaged cushions (x2)?

I've attached some pictures of the table (bits) below - the 2nd picture down is the damaged cushion(s):

3b935690-7cde-4023-b3d5-362f1601e6c3.jpg
    85b05386-b606-44f9-93d3-9b0c158c452b.jpg
    9313a4ba-631c-4425-bf03-8e1d9f7e181a.jpg
    adb7b5fb-fbb4-4964-9bf4-0d4379469068.jpg
    bba43fed-7309-47e0-bea1-c1a87a8261c1.jpg

How exciting - wish I had the space for a full size table.

Perhaps worth trying Geoff Large - google him - table expert, I'm sure he will have an idea.

I don't know him at all, but his website is convincing enough

Comment

Water Damaged Cushions (Karnehm & Hillman)

Geoff has worked on my table and he's highly recommended. he'll be able to determine without doubt if the dodgy cushions could or should be repaired and at what cost.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I’ve been speaking to Brian Briggs today (Barry’s Dad) and he’s given me some gray advice.

Potentially going down the route of a new cushion set as that way I can eliminate the dodgy cushion and get them cut to my spec/opening width (dependant on cost).

Comment

Working...
        X