No announcement yet.

Changing rails to make pockets tighter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing rails to make pockets tighter?

I've had my table for a couple of years now and have improved to a point where my pockets now feel too big. My question is do i have to change the rails or just the rubber in order to make the pockets tighter?

Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    I've had my table for a couple of years now and have improved to a point where my pockets now feel too big. My question is do i have to change the rails or just the rubber in order to make the pockets tighter?
    Just the rubber.

I would recommend norther rubber. Only buy from a reputable person plenty of fakes around

Comment

Can you post pictures of the pockets?
      Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
      https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

This info is only from hear say [3rd party], I haven't personally seen this. But if true it could save you and others some dough and a lot of hassle. This guy at our club was saying that you can decide make pockets bigger or smaller.. by adjusting the distance of the rails close to or away from table by using 'washers' at the bolts that hold the rail to the table.

If I don't make sense : a bit similar to visualising a nut and bolt and what you can achieve by putting more less washers in between. of course if this is true a table fitter might not reveal this as he is looking to up sell?

Comment

Working...
        X