Snooker Table Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    there is a TSF member selling a Star lighting units, don't know how big they are but if they are slim enough they could work for you?

Also, ensure you lay down the law with the missus that the underside of the table is not for her storage! :wink:
    Aah, guilty Dean. That's where my rollers and bike stuff go. During winter, slide rollers out from under table 30-60 mins session, quick shower then on the table. The height of table is perfect for holding onto until you get ya momentum.
    Highest break to date? 1

Comment

The problem isn't the size of the unit, it's the positioning of the table right under the ****** roof lantern.

The storage issue is ok, I shall invent some arcane snooker related reason as to why it needs to be kept clear otherwise the table could collapse and kill the kids/pets. If the design really needs to be changed and we lose one of the roof lanterns I can offer to spend the saved money on her. That may well smooth the process.

Can't wait to get it done. Going to opt for a Karnehm Hillman, or an old B&W table.

Comment

Blimey, I'm just glad when I designed my room, my wife didn't get involved!! Its a snooker room and it has to be right for playing snooker. Will it be anything else other than a snooker room? What does your wife plan to do in there? I'm just getting my heard around this and wondering how you can have a lantern roof above the table and even with blinds, how you can sort out the lighting issue. If the architect knew you were having a snooker table in there, its baffling me why he suggested this idea. Honestly, you need to do all you can to ditch the lantern idea. It will look odd anyway with a snooker light hanging directly under it....however that can be installed. Intrigued to see how this pans out....
        Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

No, it's primarily a snooker room albeit there's also room for a pool table, table football, that kind of thing. However, I intend to make a very serious attempt to improve my snooker practising daily and getting coaching, so in that sense the other stuff is peripheral. I'm not too worried about the blinds because you can fit black out blinds which literally block any light over the table.

The architect doesn't play snooker so I guess he just put something together that he thought would look good, and from an aesthetic point of view it does. The idea mentioned above of using a larger number of smaller lanterns may work, as I can potentially hang the lights between them.

Ultimately if whatever I opted for didn't work and compromised the table I'd have to change it but obviously I'd like to avoid that. You can probably appreciate why I was keen to explore the idea of banks of angled lights.

Comment

Originally Posted by neilalex View Post
            No, it's primarily a snooker room albeit there's also room for a pool table, table football, that kind of thing. However, I intend to make a very serious attempt to improve my snooker practising daily and getting coaching, so in that sense the other stuff is peripheral. I'm not too worried about the blinds because you can fit black out blinds which literally block any light over the table.

The architect doesn't play snooker so I guess he just put something together that he thought would look good, and from an aesthetic point of view it does. The idea mentioned above of using a larger number of smaller lanterns may work, as I can potentially hang the lights between them.

Ultimately if whatever I opted for didn't work and compromised the table I'd have to change it but obviously I'd like to avoid that. You can probably appreciate why I was keen to explore the idea of banks of angled lights.
            Its brilliant what you are doing! I'm sure you'll find a solution. It sounds like its going to be one hell of a room! As a full time musician, my room is dedicated first and foremost to the snooker table but then i also have a 32 track studio in there with drums, guitars, TV etc. I remember the excitement planning it and finally building it until it was done. You will enjoy the journey and have many years of pleasure to come! (and frustration....it is snooker after all!)
            Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Many thanks. I'm sure we'll figure something out.

Comment

Working...
              X