Anyone hoovering their table cloths?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone hoovering their table cloths?

Has anyone found a decent cordless hoover that they are doing their tables with?

Obviously it's not a good idea to use one that is so strong it pulls the slate filler in or the part that touches the table damages the cloth.

We have a guy who has attached a brush to a portable hoover bit it's not strong enough. We just have a club that is immensely dusty (near a road).

If anyone has any positive experiences it would be nice to hear them.
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Even with a weaker vacuum there is still the danger that you will be sucking up some of the nap each time and halving the life of the cloth. When your guy hoovers a table have a quick check on the filter bag in the vacuum and if there's any green in it then the vacuum is too powerful.

Better to brush the cloth and use the vacuum for just under the top cushion.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      Even with a weaker vacuum there is still the danger that you will be sucking up some of the nap each time and halving the life of the cloth. When your guy hoovers a table have a quick check on the filter bag in the vacuum and if there's any green in it then the vacuum is too powerful.

Better to brush the cloth and use the vacuum for just under the top cushion.
      Checking the bag is a good tip Terry, hadn't thought of that so will try it.

The tables just aren't brushed enough and the club is by a dusty road so the build up of dust is a bot of a nightmare and it's a Hainsworth Match cloth that is only a few months old.

Brushing unfortunately has proved just not to be enough as the tables are always busy.

I brush them 2 to 3 times a week and there are dust waves on the cloth that can be seen. We switch an external fan on to suck the dust out of the air but when you watch it the dust is just dormant in the air and then probably just drifts down and settles again.

I know a few clubs have always hoovered so just looking for other methods.

Comment

You need to brush them every day to beat back bad dust. Vacuum 3 times a week I don't believe will help the dust problem any more than brushing would. See if you can find another 'volunteer' to help with the brush and make it every day.
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
          You need to brush them every day to beat back bad dust. Vacuum 3 times a week I don't believe will help the dust problem any more than brushing would. See if you can find another 'volunteer' to help with the brush and make it every day.
          I agree Terry, unfortunately as much as we have keen players in this sport it's sometimes a struggle to find keen "Doers."

I've brought it up many times with the teams (there are 4) but just fell on deaf ears for the majority.

I'll have a re think.

Comment

I have 2 brushes. With one in each hand I cover the table twice each time I brush.

For getting dust out from under the cushions I use an ordinary paintbrush.
            王可

Comment

I recall Geoff saying he used a "plastic scoop" (the sort you get with a little ice cream tub) to pick along the cloth joint of the rail to get out the dust accumulated there, before brushing
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I lightly vacuum our tables at the local con club. I literally only allow the bristles of the cleaner to lightly brush along the table. Not really utilizing the suction power from the vacuum. This enables me to remove only surface dust. Which is my only aim. Otherwise you would get that dust launched into the air as you brush the chalk down. I have made the comparison in the past, with the table light on. There is a significant benefit from vacuuming first. My table cleaning regime has been a labour of love for a long time and I am over the moon at the results I get.
                Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Working...
                X