Draw the baulk-line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draw the baulk-line

I have a full-size snookertable. When the "snookerman" "build up" the snookertable he did drew the baulk-line but he didn't drew the "D". The question is: do I have to have a "real" snookerpencil or can I use a normal white pencil?
    #Age: 22 HB#: 82 #Cue: Mike Wooldridge Vintage Cue # Tip: Mike Wooldridge BlackSpin #Best performance in tournament: Semi-final in an "open to all" Swedish tournament 2015, Swedish U16 tournament champion October 2007 #Current rank in Sweden: 15

You could use a waterproof marker for cloth, preferably a white one.

Comment

If you want to mark the baulkline on a Snooker table, use a quality baulk line pencil, white or black, white is best! www.fcsnooker.co.uk, i'd say that there is no need to get a waterproof one unless the table is outdoors

Comment

I would say that a real snooker pencil would be best fella, the reason for this is that if you do make a mistake the chances are you can correct it easier using a snooker pencil than a normal white one becasue presumably it will be easier to correct

Comment

one of my mates used a black pencil bought from Hamilton Antique Billiard Tables Accessories http://www.hamiltonbilliards.com/pro...il_black_.html
          Last edited by drlog147; 18 February 2008, 09:53 PM. Reason: phoned mate to check
          So it's Rorschach and Prozac and everything is groovy
          World Masters - Lucky Dip 2011 winner
          World Championship-Lucky Dip 2011 winner
          Snooker island July 2011 - Australian Open prediction comp winner
          http://www.leaguesnooker.co.uk/

Comment

Well, depends on the state of the cloth and table, if it is stable and the cloth does not need re-tensioning then use a tippex ball point, leave it to dry and then carefully rub the top off the line or crossmark with your thumbnail in the direction of the nap.......this is where it is difficult, to describe how to do it! If you prefer black use an indelible marker. These cannot be removed but they do not migrate and discolour the cloth.

If the table will need resetting, use a white chalk pencil (available from any good snooker emporium) or for black a graphite pencil, both can be removed without much trouble. The drawback is that both these will leave smudge marks every time you brush the table.

Comment

Working...
            X