No announcement yet.

Table maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have one of the Chinese irons, actually made in Taiwan. It works fine and I have been using it for a number of years, no problems yet.
    王可

Comment

• Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
      I could but things are often picked and pulled apart. So I'll just share this with those that are actually interested. You included. Will send to you when I get chance.
      I'm interested

Comment

• Originally Posted by bricktip View Post
        I'm interested
        Hope you got the pm ok? Let me know how you got on with it. This works on ALL ages of cloths!
        Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
        https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

• Is this the aerosol starch?
          王可

Comment

• Yes, got it. It might be a while before i get around to trying it though.

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
            Hope you got the pm ok? Let me know how you got on with it. This works on ALL ages of cloths!

Comment

• This is the long thread to which I referred. There is a lot of good information on it (and a certain amount of junk).
              王可

Comment

• Hi ppl. I recently had a #10 bed cloth fitted (October 2019). It's come off a main tour venue table. So not had much use at all. My aim is to try and make it last as long as possible. Keeping it in pristine condition.
                So it's now March and it's still as good as when it was fitted. Having being much more aware of the need to keep it in good shape, I have noticed a couple of things!

Firstly I haven't fitted spots to it. As they aren't necessary. Not if you treat that area properly. It is quite amazing how many players treat the spot area badly. They either plonk the ball directly on its cross. Or they skid it towards the cross. Both practises will degrade the cloth at this area.
                It is very important to only roll the ball on to the cross. From say an inch or so away. So this ensures that this area receives the same treatment as any other part of the playing surface area.

Secondly. The track lines have started to develop in to the corner pockets. More noticeably in the black corners. So you have to maintain a regular brushing regime. As these lines are caused by the chalk being compressed into this concentrated area of the cloth by the ball(s). So my new regime has been to brush the table after each session. Usually just once or twice a week, paying particular attention to the corners.

Furthermore. I always keep the balls clean to reduce friction, in turn reducing wear and tear!
                :snooker:
                Last edited by inevermissblue; 8 March 2020, 09:49 PM.
                Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

• If the cloth as no nap why do you need to iron the table ...but then as far as I know only pool table clothes have no nap on them..never seen a pool table ironed ..just a good brush required in my opinion for pool table ...Snooker you defo need to iron

Comment

• I think No10 still has a nap, it still has a weave, just a lot less than "club" cloths, as it is trimmed down finer so ironing will flatten this weave as well as finger-marks, etc.
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• ok this is going to be a little bit off the wall but has anyone else tried using a piece of Flotex flooring as the base of a napping block? it works very well for me?

stand back and light blue touch paper etc....
                      Must practice more!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bell308 View Post
                        ok this is going to be a little bit off the wall but has anyone else tried using a piece of Flotex flooring as the base of a napping block? it works very well for me?

stand back and light blue touch paper etc....
                        Hi., yes I do, but i only use it lightly as it will speed up the wear and tear. As the bristles are hard and will slice the nap, caused by any remaing fragments of chalk sitting in the weave.
                        Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Working...
                        X