Source(s) for table in USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source(s) for table in USA

Hello, just joined this forum as I am very interested in acquiring my own snooker table. As an Indian born US citizen living in the state of Georgia, I have finally reached a stage in life where I must return to the passion of my youth. I played extensively in India as a teen and acquired a fair level of skill.

On a recent trip to Canada and an evening spent at my cousin's home, I played on a snooker table after 27 years! My apprehensions faded soon enough, and within the space of one game I was playing competitively although not quite as well as the limber youth who last splayed himself across verdant fields of baize. I resolved then and there to get my own pool table and I have been spending my spare time since in renovating a room in my basement, where an inherited (from the previous homeowner) American pool table already resides. No, it is not even a shadow of a real snooker table (where is that 'disgusted' emoticon?)

So... I see this forum is mostly populated by those from the British c'wealth nations, but hope someone can help out with a lead, whatever, will be much appreciated.

The table I played on in Toronto was made by Dufferin and I see some reference to them here... will contact them on Monday although I think it will probably be prohibitively expensive to source it from them.

A 9 to 10 footer will do, by the way... I really don't have the room for a full size. And cost does matter...

Well you would be lucky if you were to find a quality place in America selling quality snooker tables. There are many websites with high quality tables that are based in the UK, you would have to pay shipping and also probably in pounds instead of dollars, could you do that or does it need to be US websites with dollars and US shipping instead of world-wide shipping?

Comment

As cost is a factor I cannot answer that question completely. I am not mentally constrained to US currency or delivery; however what happens to setup? Are tables made such that a couple of men who I hire can set it up with my supervision and instructions? I would doubt that but things may have changed in 27 years!
      Thank you for your reply. I look forward to expanded/more ideaas.

Comment

Originally Posted by kck View Post
        Are tables made such that a couple of men who I hire can set it up with my supervision and instructions?
        Have a look here. It is a company that I have bought some small products from, they are a great company that should be to your satisfaction. They ship quality tables and a fitter comes to your country, all information is on the website and some examples too of overseas table orders!

http://www.fcsnooker.co.uk/fcsnooker...nt_options.htm
        Last edited by bongo; 2 August 2008, 06:34 PM. Reason: Other Website

Comment

Snooker table wanted

Hi

We are a company based in the UK, supplying all makes and models of snooker table. We can supply restored andtique tables such as Burroughes and Watt, Thurstons etc.

I think you will find that Dufferin are no longer trading.

A word of caution when buying a table. Please do not make a decision to buy a table based on cost alone. The market is awash with imported tables, which look nice, but play terribly. The old adage of buy British certainly applies here. Yes you will pay a bit more, but you have the peace of mind that you are buying quality. Also beware of some companies which will say their tables are UK made when they are not. Some are imported and because they are finished in the UK they are allowed to call them UK made.

Shipping to the States would cost approx $2,000 door to door. A competent pool mechanic will be able to assemble the table. You would be able to assemble the frame and slates if you were DIY minded but fitting the cloth is an accquired skill.

We have a large selection of new and restored tables available and also bespoke manufacture to clients requirements. PM me your e-mail address and I can supplu further details.

Regards

Comment

I suggest you contact the United States Snooker Association. http://www.snookerusa.com/ they can most certainly give you some advice.

Comment

Hi there, the chances to find a snooker table in the US are very slim. I live in Florida and barely found a club 50 miles from home where i can play snooker. I bought a full size snooker table on EBAY the other day for $99 (EBAY Item number :250280454467). I know it sounds too good to be true, it is a Brunswick over 70 years old. The table is in Ottawa Canada and needs to be dismantled. I will be making the trip next week to get it. There are a lot of tables available in Canada for unbelievable prices, probably because snooker is a dying sport. If you are still interested in a snooker table i would suggest: get a UHAUL trailer and head up to Canada. A few hundreds dollars is all you need and you can return to your passion. Most of them are found on local classified ad websites like www.kijiji.ca. Btw i just recently discovered that snooker has it`s origins in India , among British Army officers stationed there and the meaning of the word "snooker" is "inexperienced player". Good luck

Comment

Working...
              X